Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reset

Reset

Hello,

I have purchased a Kyocera M6535cidn from a liquidated company and when i start it up it is trying to connect to a server and i cannot access the admin login as i dont have the username and password supplied with it.

Is there anyway i can sort this issue out? May be i can hard reset the machine?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Reset

Re: Reset

Quote Originally Posted by SL65 View Post
    Hello,

I have purchased a Kyocera M6535cidn from a liquidated company and when i start it up it is trying to connect to a server and i cannot access the admin login as i dont have the username and password supplied with it.

Is there anyway i can sort this issue out? May be i can hard reset the machine?
    i understand you are a noob here.. but there is no reason to start 2 different threads in two different forums on your problem.

Field service tech. 100+ Posts Froota's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    i understand you are a noob here.. but there is no reason to start 2 different threads in two different forums on your problem.
    But this isn't helpfull either......

As you can find the admin login all over the internet, try Admin (username and password)
    If not, you can try to login on the device as deviceadmin, and then you can try 3500 (username and password)

I manged to insert a usb firmware update but i'm getting the attached error... any help?
    20210506_114550 (1).jpg

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Reset

Quote Originally Posted by SL65 View Post
    I manged to insert a usb firmware update but i'm getting the attached error... any help?
    20210506_114550 (1).jpg
    Did you have any luck logging in as admin & uninstalling Papercut?

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Did you have any luck logging in as admin & uninstalling Papercut?

No luck they changed the password and I can't get hold of them.

Phil B..... Your kindness is overwhelming..the amount of helpful information you provide..well..its just blowing my mind.
    Its hard to go anywhere on this forum and not come across you treating someone like dirt. I got an idea..why dont you go out and do some actual work. You got an attitude problem. this isnt the place for keyboard trolling warriors.
    People come here for tips and help. If they do something like this. Kindly point them in the direction. Otherwise the check the attitude

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Reset

There are a couple of ways to do this
    Note this method will only work if the printer was set to dhcp.
    With the device turned on plug it into an active network and give it a couple of minutes to get an ip address. Go to service mode 000 reports and print a network status. Put the ip address of the printer in a web browser and login to the printers rui as admin. Go to tcp-ip reset / initialize to factory defaults.

The ugly method
    service mode > 21 memory clear reboot, now you have to be quick before papercut kicks in again, goto system / application / login / deactivate papercut. Do a final memory clear, reboot and papercut should be history.

With kyo there are no machine specific settings to put back and in your case you wanted it reset.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Reset

Quote Originally Posted by spw View Post
    Phil B..... Your kindness is overwhelming..the amount of helpful information you provide..well..its just blowing my mind.
    Its hard to go anywhere on this forum and not come across you treating someone like dirt. I got an idea..why dont you go out and do some actual work. You got an attitude problem. this isnt the place for keyboard trolling warriors.
    People come here for tips and help. If they do something like this. Kindly point them in the direction. Otherwise the check the attitude
    he posted in two different forums the same info... it's hard switching back n forth to view ALL the suggestions.

If you don't care for my advice the may I kindly suggest you block me and you won't have to put up with my "attitude" ... I do lend valuable info and advise.

I was simply pointing out the fact that two threads on the same subject is a waste of time and confuses people...

you want to see a keyboard troller check out BSM2 and his comments that lend totally nothing to the convo and puts people down with nearly every comment he makes.

having spent 31+ years in the industry for most of the major brands I am confident in my statements.

don't worry you don't have to worry about me again ( unless you view my comments after blocking you)

BTW your profile is missing vital info about you. you might want to update it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Reset

Quote Originally Posted by spw View Post
    I read what Phil B posted and he was exactly correct. In fact posting the same thing in both the Copier and Fax/Printer forums for Kyocera is technically a violation of Forum Rules General Rule 6. Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed. Anytime I see someone doing the same I will inform them the same as Phil did.

That makes you appear to be the one with the rude attitude problem.