Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: TaskAlfa 3551ci - "black toner empty"

I have this on Konica C258 like I said but it was second screen showing the door is open. Just did it on Konica C250i in office and it's the same: I pull one of toners and close front door - machine complains about incorrect toner cart setup - I open side door slightly and on main display it immediately show an arrow that there is second animation screen - I press an arrow and machine switch display to animation showing that side door is open. There is no matter which door is open - ADF, machine, Finisher, etc. I think it is NOT FW related at least on Konicas so having and following correct Movie/Animation data is important
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    TaskAlfa 3551ci - "black toner empty"

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I have this on Konica C258 like I said but it was second screen showing the door is open. Just did it on Konica C250i in office and it's the same: I pull one of toners and close front door - machine complains about incorrect toner cart setup - I open side door slightly and on main display it immediately show an arrow that there is second animation screen - I press an arrow and machine switch display to animation showing that side door is open. There is no matter which door is open - ADF, machine, Finisher, etc. I think it is NOT FW related at least on Konicas so having and following correct Movie/Animation data is important

There is no second screen on the Kyocera. It's no big deal now that I've seen the problem but it was a bitch the first time around.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    Out of left field here but....I've ran across this a couple of times.

If the side transport door was opened while the toner message is displayed and then closed but not quite completely closed, the toner message will not clear after replacing the toner.

Customer opens the side door and closes it by pushing it on the front top and rear top is still slightly open. Then changes toner.

The machine doesn't show a door open message because the toner message hasn't been cleared and the toner message doesn't clear because the side door is "open".

Worth checking.
    I've had this exact thing happen on a M6530. Change (C) but it wouldn't go away even after replacing it. A two hour drive later and I close the rear door. Toner now excepted.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have no idea why but I've been seeing this on the newer ones 5053ci series. What worked for me is I removed all the toners and put them back in and boom message went straight away. It was like one of the colour toners was causing it to not accept the black was very strange. I had to do the magnet thing to open and remove the toners but when I did it worked straight away no problems after. I even took out the black a second time after just to see if the customer would have the problem again later but worked fine after that.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Have had same on 2 xx52ci.
    Toner "Y" empty message on the screen.
    Print in bk works well.
    Opened toner covers and installed all cartridges again, but still no luck.
    Taken out event log by U000/ USB/ *.txt file and saw BK cartridge would renewed 600 pages before.
    Used other bk cartridge,closed toner cover again and "adding toner Y" message comes up, finally system works well again....

Thumbs up Re: TaskAlfa 3551ci - "black toner empty"

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    Out of left field here but....I've ran across this a couple of times.

If the side transport door was opened while the toner message is displayed and then closed but not quite completely closed, the toner message will not clear after replacing the toner.

Customer opens the side door and closes it by pushing it on the front top and rear top is still slightly open. Then changes toner.

The machine doesn't show a door open message because the toner message hasn't been cleared and the toner message doesn't clear because the side door is "open".

Worth checking.

Thank you,
    Same issue, different machine (351ci) pointed me in the right direction.