Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Kyocera P2135dn - back of paper toner

Maybe you gave me the keyword: PTR. I took that one from the FS1370 to the P2135dn and it seems to be working for now
    It was the only thing I didn't take from the other printer.

Hopefully it stays that good.

P.S.: The 1370 has run 80k pages in the same time. That transfer roller should be good then with that amount of pages.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lama0900 View Post
    Maybe you gave me the keyword: PTR. I took that one from the FS1370 to the P2135dn and it seems to be working for now
    It was the only thing I didn't take from the other printer.

Hopefully it stays that good.

P.S.: The 1370 has run 80k pages in the same time. That transfer roller should be good then with that amount of pages.
    Don’t expect any Kyocera to “stay good” running generic toner. It only takes one dodgy cartridge to blow away any savings you might have made.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera P2135dn - back of paper toner

Getting toner on the backside of the page indicates that the toner in the DV unit and the toner being supplied by the cartridge are incompatible. The reason for getting toner on the backside of the page is that the generic toner [never heard of a "branded rebuilt toner?] is falling off the DV unit contaminating the transfer roller which gets deposited on the backside of the page. Just because you have had good results with a generic toner for a while does not mean that the toner you are getting now is the same, they buy from the cheapest source and the new toner may be totally different causing your problem. Vac out the DV unit, install a Kyo toner, run sim 130 to replenish the dv toner and your problem should go away.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    Don’t expect any Kyocera to “stay good” running generic toner. It only takes one dodgy cartridge to blow away any savings you might have made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Getting toner on the backside of the page indicates that the toner in the DV unit and the toner being supplied by the cartridge are incompatible. The reason for getting toner on the backside of the page is that the generic toner [never heard of a "branded rebuilt toner?] is falling off the DV unit contaminating the transfer roller which gets deposited on the backside of the page. Just because you have had good results with a generic toner for a while does not mean that the toner you are getting now is the same, they buy from the cheapest source and the new toner may be totally different causing your problem. Vac out the DV unit, install a Kyo toner, run sim 130 to replenish the dv toner and your problem should go away.
    Both right. Took a few pages, then toner got on the backside of my first paper again.

So now I've to figure out how to vac out my DV and do the 130 sim after buying new toner. Is it the same as going to maintenance -> developer -> reboot printer, which feeds toner from the cartridge to the dv or is the 130 sim doing something else?

The "branded rebuilt toner" is a toner from "kmp" (just google that, if you're interested, but I think it's mainly european market).

Thank you both again.
    Last edited by lama0900; 05-18-2021 at 06:10 AM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Can I also clean out the DV with compressed air ?
    I don't have access to a toner vacuumer.

Thank you
    Last edited by lama0900; 05-18-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Can I also clean out the DV with compressed air ?
    I don't have access to a toner vacumer.

Thank you
    I would very much like to see that ... from a safe distance! LOL! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I would very much like to see that ... from a safe distance! LOL! =^..^=
    First I've to find out how to open the DV without getting completely full with toner.

First I've to find out how to open the DV without getting completely full with toner.
    Don't worry about that. Once you point compressed air at the developing unit, everything within a meter will be entirely covered with toner.

I once had a customer dump a toner waste bottle in the front yard, on a snowy very windy day. It's hard to describe the artistry of the 4 litres of color waste toner distributed over most of the yard, and most of the person, then just swirling around when the wind blew ... it was beautiful! =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Don't worry about that. Once you point compressed air at the developing unit, everything within a meter will be entirely covered with toner.

I once had a customer dump a toner waste bottle in the front yard, on a snowy very windy day. It's hard to describe the artistry of the 4 litres of color waste toner distributed over most of the yard, and most of the person, then just swirling around when the wind blew ... it was beautiful! =^..^=
    So then it would be better to vacuum it. But I can't do that with a normal (old) vacuumer (even outside)???

So then it would be better to vacuum it. But I can't do that with a normal (old) vacuumer (even outside)???
    Correct. If I was in your position I would CAREFULLY, dump out as much toner as I could onto a large piece of paper (not outdoors, not windy), and not worry about getting it all. It will end up on the back of your paper for just a little while longer. =^..^=