Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Kyocera P2135dn - back of paper toner

Hello,

I've got a Kyocera P2135dn from 2014.
    On the back top of the first page printed there is toner (as you can see in the picture). It's 4.7cm. But as I said, only on the back of the first page.

If more pages are printed, the toner is gone.
    But then, if you wait 10 minutes and print another page the toner gets on the back of the first printed page again.

I already cleaned the fuser, got a new drum and another developer.
    The new drum, developer are working well in another FS1370dn, so the problem must be something else.

Any ideas what's wrong?!

Thank you
    Martin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera P2135dn - back of paper toner

Quote Originally Posted by lama0900 View Post
    Hello,

I've got an Kyocera P2135dn from 2014.
    On the back top of the first page printed there is toner (as you can see in the picture). It's 4.7cm. But as I said, only on the back of the first page.

If more pages are printed, the toner is gone.
    But then, if you wait 10 minutes and print another page the toner gets on the back of the first printed page again.

I already cleaned the fuser, got a new drum and another developer.
    The new drum, developer are working in another FS1370dn, so the error must be something else.

Any ideas what's wrong?!

Thank you
    Martin

dirty paper path?

dirty PTR?

HAVE YOU TRIED RUNNING ANY sims?

have you cleaned the machine out?

so little info

anytime I go to a machine with QUALITY issues I start by giving it a thorough cleaning

Technician

So far I cleaned all the paper way.
    It's kinda strange because only first page gets dirty on the back top those 4.7cm.

Can you explain those two points because i'm not that familiar with the terms PTR and sim (maybe because my native language is German).
    > dirty PTR?
    > HAVE YOU TRIED RUNNING ANY sims?

Thank you for your answer

So far I cleaned all the paper way.
    It's kinda strange because only first page gets dirty on the back top those 4.7cm.

Can you explain those two points because i'm not that familiar with the terms PTR and sim (maybe because my native language is German).
    > dirty PTR?
    > HAVE YOU TRIED RUNNING ANY sims?

Thank you for your answer
    primary transfer roller

sims = test/adjustment modes

do you have the service manual?

Are you using brand or generic toner? It looks like toner staining on the transfer roller

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    primary transfer roller

sims = test/adjustment modes

do you have the service manual?
    Yes I got the service manual. I didn't try any of those adjustment modes. But I'll have a look into them.
    The maintenance menu doesn't appear because I only printed 20k pages the last 8 years. So I have to figure out first how to get to those modes.

But thank you for the hint I'll give it a try

Yes I got the service manual. I didn't try any of those adjustment modes. But I'll have a look into them.
    The maintenance menu doesn't appear because I only printed 20k pages the last 8 years. So I have to figure out first how to get to those modes.

But thank you for the hint I'll give it a try
    wow no wonder why you are having problems... these machines are meant to be run... you'd be better off with an inkjet machine!

Technician

wow no wonder why you are having problems... these machines are meant to be run... you'd be better off with an inkjet machine!
    Thought 20k pages are not that bad for a laserprinter.
    But that's not the point in this topic.

Hopefully I'll get it fixed by those adjustments or something like that.

Other question:

I'm not using any low budget generic toner, it's some type of "brand" rebuilt toner. Used that the last 8 years as well, no problems until one day.
    Shouldn't the transfer roller contain a little bit of toner? Or does it have to be completely toner free (btw. I didn't touch it with my hands, just rolled it over a piece of paper easily)?

Thought 20k pages are not that bad for a laserprinter.
    But that's not the point in this topic.

Hopefully I'll get it fixed by those adjustments or something like that.

Other question:

I'm not using any low budget generic toner, it's some type of "brand" rebuilt toner. Used that the last 8 years as well, no problems until one day.
    Shouldn't the transfer roller contain a little bit of toner? Or does it have to be completely toner free (btw. I didn't touch it with my hands, just rolled it over a piece of paper easily)?
    here's the specs for duty cycle for that unit.. it is clearly not being run enough... 20k in years?

ECOSYS P2135dn GENERAL Technology: KYOCERA ECOSYS Laser Engine speed: Up to 35 pages per minute in A4 Resolution: Fine 1,200 dpi Duty cycle: Max. 50,000 pages per month Max. average 2,000 pages per month Warm-up time: Approx. 16.5 seconds or less from power on Time to first page: Approx. 8 seconds or less Dimensions (W x D x H): 375 mm x 393 mm x 267 mm

if left on there is wear n tear on parts.. mainly fuser parts every time it goes to maintain heat in the fuser the rollers turn... over an 8yr period that's a lot of wear.

who sold you this? did you state how many pages projected to print yearly? if YES you got way more machine than you really needed.

Technician

here's the specs for duty cycle for that unit.. it is clearly not being run enough... 20k in years?

ECOSYS P2135dn GENERAL Technology: KYOCERA ECOSYS Laser Engine speed: Up to 35 pages per minute in A4 Resolution: Fine 1,200 dpi Duty cycle: Max. 50,000 pages per month Max. average 2,000 pages per month Warm-up time: Approx. 16.5 seconds or less from power on Time to first page: Approx. 8 seconds or less Dimensions (W x D x H): 375 mm x 393 mm x 267 mm

if left on there is wear n tear on parts.. mainly fuser parts every time it goes to maintain heat in the fuser the rollers turn... over an 8yr period that's a lot of wear.

who sold you this? did you state how many pages projected to print yearly? if YES you got way more machine than you really needed.
    Uhm. Yea. Had a inkjet before. Always got dry ink in the jets in the time of school holidays in the summer, 6 to 7 weeks no printing (or other holidays).
    So I took that laser printer road 8 years ago (was told "max. average of 2000 pages per months" means not minimum). Now I just wanted to fix the problem with the toner of the backside of my first page. Maybe we can go back to that topic, because I really don't want to throw that machine into the trash

In the meantime I didn't figure out how to access those adjustments... but still trying with the service manual.