Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    TA 5501 Fax "W" errors when receiving (Machine Beeps)

When this customer receives a fax it has trouble communicating and starts beeping then starts getting the fax. When calling the fax on phone, it sounds like something out of Star Wars when it rings and not the normal ringing sound. (Note; this fax is forwarded to workstation). I called Kyocera and the had me set some adjustments such as slowing the incoming signal and some other settings and I checked back a few days later and the customer said problem was fixed. Then 4 days after that sghe called and said the problem was back. They are getting faxes I believe just beeps at them alot because of errors. Does anyone know how to shut off the beeping noise or have any input into this. Seems like faxes are a huge pain these days..... Thanks for any help !!!

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: TA 5501 Fax "W" errors when receiving (Machine Beeps)

The first thing to ALWAYS do, is make sure it's using a two wire line. The newer machines only have two pins in the fax port, but the 5501i uses multiple.
    The outide pins can cause issues.
    The second and really only other issue that has anything to do with you, is set all the settings for VOIP. This will help with line errors, even on POTS lines.
    There's a bulletin posted on Kyocera that explains what all these changes do. This should take care of any line errors.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    The first thing to ALWAYS do, is make sure it's using a two wire line. The newer machines only have two pins in the fax port, but the 5501i uses multiple.
    The second and really only other issue that has anything to do with you, is set all the settings for VOIP. This will help with line errors, even on POTS lines.
    There's a bulletin posted on Kyocera that explains what all these changes do. This should take care of any line errors.
    Thanks so much !! I will check it out

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    When this customer receives a fax it has trouble communicating and starts beeping then starts getting the fax. When calling the fax on phone, it sounds like something out of Star Wars when it rings and not the normal ringing sound. (Note; this fax is forwarded to workstation). I called Kyocera and the had me set some adjustments such as slowing the incoming signal and some other settings and I checked back a few days later and the customer said problem was fixed. Then 4 days after that sghe called and said the problem was back. They are getting faxes I believe just beeps at them alot because of errors. Does anyone know how to shut off the beeping noise or have any input into this. Seems like faxes are a huge pain these days..... Thanks for any help !!!
    Has the machine been faxing fine up to this point? Have they had their fax provider check the line for excessive noise, etc.? I would start there plus the VIOP settings recommended by Kyocera.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post

General Technical Bulletin 99 is what your'e looking for also if you have had rain often that can cause issues outside and the phone company will need to be called to remedy this. just outside our building att pumps out gallons of water from the manhole after every heavy rain.

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Has the machine been faxing fine up to this point? Have they had their fax provider check the line for excessive noise, etc.? I would start there plus the VIOP settings recommended by Kyocera.
    I set this machine up about 3 months ago and I think they have always had trouble with it. Thanks for your help !!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts masterchill's Avatar

Now you say that fax forwarding is on correct? If so double check you don't have multiple locations it is forwarding too because what I see happen sometimes one location will error out hence the reason you get an error but it will still send to the working location.

Quote Originally Posted by masterchill View Post
    Now you say that fax forwarding is on correct? If so double check you don't have multiple locations it is forwarding too because what I see happen sometimes one location will error out hence the reason you get an error but it will still send to the working location.
    Cool, I am heading that way in the morning... I will post what I find out... THANKS !!!

I went there this morning and the cable was the wrong one with many wires and was so long I figured that "in itself" was creating interference. They said the only faxes now they were having problems with was ones from the VA. They found a work-around that. They just wanted the beeping to stop when error. I think I did that in settings. Told them I would unhook the speaker if I didn't fix it. Thanks so much for all the help... VERY APPRECIATED !!!!