Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: 0534 0533 multi feed timing 5053ci 6053ci

Quote Originally Posted by fishleg View Post
    The red one is Konica separation type. The spring is much tighter on the shaft I'd say at least double the resistance. The spring is different as well the wire is flat where the Kyocera is round so its got less contact.

I've got no idea if that would make things any different. Any one else got any hacks to make these have less mutli feeds?
    you are sure problem separation and not clutch registration?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    0534 0533 multi feed timing 5053ci 6053ci

Quote Originally Posted by avio2 View Post
    you are sure problem separation and not clutch registration?
    100% caught it feeding two sheets they just happen to separate at the side door.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishleg View Post
    I went back to have another look with another engineer we both agreed on it being the paper. We messed around with springs putting a little more pressure seemed to help but it still jams but at least its less for them till they use up the paper.

I cleaned the Kyocera one out and compressed the sping so it would bite more on the shaft. I've yet to try it but I do think it will definitely help. The smaller printers seem to have the exact same problem to me its as if there isn't enough resistance so the tyre turns instead of stopping and gripping the mutli feed.

I would guess if that spring with the x was tighter and the separation pressure was less its less likely to multi feed?

Please correct my logic if I've got that understanding wrong btw?

So yeah bit stuck really other than telling them to try different paper.

Attachment 49237
    The kyocera separation unit is not a spring, but a torque brake and isn’t, and shouldn’t be adjustable.
    The feed system walks a fine line between proper separation, feed and multi feed, and only the smallest adjust to spring tension will make a huge difference.
    One issue I’ve seen several times, but mainly on 4052’s is the RH edge of the cassette gets a bend in it over time due to the roller release arms constant pressure. This has the effect of leaving a gap or virtually no pressure at the pinch between the feed and separation rollers. I’ve used a heat gun very successfully to straighten the trays and returning the correct pressure to the rollers.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    The kyocera separation unit is not a spring, but a torque brake and isn’t, and shouldn’t be adjustable.
    The feed system walks a fine line between proper separation, feed and multi feed, and only the smallest adjust to spring tension will make a huge difference.
    One issue I’ve seen several times, but mainly on 4052’s is the RH edge of the cassette gets a bend in it over time due to the roller release arms constant pressure. This has the effect of leaving a gap or virtually no pressure at the pinch between the feed and separation rollers. I’ve used a heat gun very successfully to straighten the trays and returning the correct pressure to the rollers.
    Good tip I've seen this on tray one usually the new trays usually have a metal plate underneath to stop this. My problem was with the tray 3/4 which where the deep trays and the machine was basically new. I think personally it turns way too easily to offer any resistance. The next time I see it im gonna try just cleaning most of the grease out just so it's a bit more stiff. I do think they need to come up with more options so they feed better with thin/recycled paper.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Sometimes special rollers from Tomcat series could be helpfull if you get J0533 or J0534.
    Look for the attachments and try
    (Take care, this roller set will be very expensive)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KYO_OEM View Post
    Sometimes special rollers from Tomcat series could be helpfull if you get J0533 or J0534.
    Look for the attachments and try
    (Take care, this roller set will be very expensive)
    Makes sense I know a few other engineers use Konica red tyres for certain customers. Makes sense now that by the looks of it these poly tyres are better for paper dust and thin paper.

I'll have to ask parts how much they cost..

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

We are dealing with this problem also with Boise paper tried the spring tension but with little help. Those other kyo sep rollers help alot but so darn expensive from kyocera so if there is another brand that will fit that doesn't cost bank please let me know. We have schools using this paper and its affecting the mid to high volume.
    Thanks

Did we verify that this was resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by 1800CopyCatz View Post
    Did we verify that this was resolved?

We have resolved some of the 0533 and 0534 jams with orange rollers mentioned above. There is a set. Feed/Separation roller set part no: 302XC94520.

Senior MFP Technician 100+ Posts ihatefinishers13's Avatar

To those who believe that paper may NOT cause issues with machines.... I'll give you this.

We had a fleet of over 50 Sharp MX-M565N's at a customer with about 20 or so different locations. A majority of them kept having jamming issues, random areas, random times. We threw part after part at these machines trying to fix them. After a few months, we took a box of paper to a few of their highest volume machines, especially when there were 2 or 3 machines in the building. We only let them use the box in one of the machines, and those machines stopped jamming immediately. We told their IT who deals with the copier contracts as well, and they forced their purchaser to buy better paper. After that, NEVER had a problem like it again.

Yes, paper can be the problem. Yes, you should always think it's a possibility. But ALWAYS rule it out in the smartest way possible. And remember, customer's don't like being told the garbage paper they paid next to nothing for, is, in-fact, garbage.