Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P3060 Jamming

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    P3060 Jamming

Re: P3060 Jamming

Was on a P3260dn today. 511 out of tray 1 and 4012 out tray 2. Both pointed to registration sensor staying ON. Turned out to be dusty reg sensor thank goodness, the machine only has 50k on it. I think I could've gotten air to it just by spraying down into the cavity but I took off the duplex and got to the sensors directly. They are mounted on the HV board (?)

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    P3060 Jamming

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Was on a P3260dn today. 511 out of tray 1 and 4012 out tray 2. Both pointed to registration sensor staying ON. Turned out to be dusty reg sensor thank goodness, the machine only has 50k on it. I think I could've gotten air to it just by spraying down into the cavity but I took off the duplex and got to the sensors directly. They are mounted on the HV board (?)
    I've had success with this method on Gen5 and Gen6. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    P3060 Jamming

True true. I assumed the registration flag was a longer shaft going left or right to a sensor. Turns out it's a small actuator right above the sensor, so that's good to know.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    P3060 Jamming

Quote Originally Posted by eystulua View Post
    clean dust from the optical sensor reflect area on the drum unit machine side , check /replace high voltage pwb (contains the regist sensor)
    Thanks, this helped me fix a machine that was plagued with the insidious 0511, 0519 jams.

There is an inset reflective area for registration sensor 2 under the drum unit that must be kept clean on M3655 and M3660 machines and the faster printers such as the P3060. You could paint it white on the M3145 and M3645 machines and there would be no problem because the sensor does not exist.

j0511 and j0519 are supposed to mean there are multiple sheets or a problem with registration sensor 3. So a lot of effort can be directed to feed separation or the high voltage board where registration sensor 3 is mounted. Blowing air down onto registration sensor 3 seems to make the problem go away because the air inadvertently cleans the critical area which is just in front of the registration roller.

3655 jams.pdf

reflective area.jpg

CopierJanitor/Geargluer 50+ Posts skinnypuppy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathicana View Post
    Thanks, this helped me fix a machine that was plagued with the insidious 0511, 0519 jams.

There is an inset reflective area for registration sensor 2 under the drum unit that must be kept clean on M3655 and M3660 machines and the faster printers such as the P3060. You could paint it white on the M3145 and M3645 machines and there would be no problem because the sensor does not exist.

j0511 and j0519 are supposed to mean there are multiple sheets or a problem with registration sensor 3. So a lot of effort can be directed to feed separation or the high voltage board where registration sensor 3 is mounted. Blowing air down onto registration sensor 3 seems to make the problem go away because the air inadvertently cleans the critical area which is just in front of the registration roller.

3655 jams.pdf

reflective area.jpg
    This is brilliant I have done a few reg sensor located on the HV board replace and clean and always seems to correct the problem In retrospect it was probably turning the machine onto it's back and inadvertently shaking the paper dust in the area under the drum as you mentioned that likely solved the problem. I must admit I never knew about the sensor located in the drum unit.