Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: secret code kyocera

I have to explain everything, the customer already has 3 machines of the same model, for 2 years, and I have to put 3 more, and since I have them all configured by sending the email, both monthly and when the toner runs out, and for others errors, I distinguish the new ones at a glance from the old ones of the same customer without seeing the registration number, because there are different agreements between the first 3 and the second 3. Is it clearer now? otherwise you make me look like a cheater.
    The Kyocera MFs They are my property, I do not have to cheat anyone but myself, but this is understood, or you are limited, like a technician who repairs with the technical manual and if there is no written solution, he gives up. thanks and sorry for the outburst, but the fact that I call myself a scammer pisses me off and a lot too.

There are 0 reasons to reset the total counter whichever way you look at it. If its Location, "at a glance" for quick reference, just log into the machines when you install them and put in the location box where its at like "John's Office" or the "break room" or wherever. There is a box for that very thing. Whether your beginning count starts at 0 or 50k makes no difference. its just the beginning count. Dealers who do rentals NEVER do what your trying to do. Its deceptive whichever way you look at it. Its just the truth.

oh well enough to argue, you are all being honest and respectable, and I would like to see if you are so honest with your customers. Bah!!!
    however it is no longer needed, we have delivered the machines as they were, at least let's close this useless discussion with closed-minded people.
    thanks anyway!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    secret code kyocera

Let me see if I understand the correctly...

Open minded = unethical

Closed minded = ethical

Alright then, glad you solved your own problem.

And another thing...Kyocera has a warranty policy that you can show them when your purchased the machine and how many copies were made before a part failed. If you turned back the counter then tried to get warranty for part failure then that would be FRAUD....plain and simple. Another reason you can not roll back the counter.

Add that to make a another reason, and the answer is still NO.
    Last edited by kuby; 07-13-2021 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    And another thing...Kyocera has a warranty policy that you can show them when your purchased the machine and how many copies were made before a part failed. If you turned back the counter then tried to get warranty for part failure then that would be FRAUD....plain and simple. Another reason you can not roll back the counter.

Add that to make a another reason, and the answer is still NO.
    then, (let's make a bit of controversy) I see that you don't know how it works, at least for kyocera Europe.
    The warranty is 14 months from the dealer's purchase date (not when you sell it to the end customer, then there are kyolife formulas if the customer registers and pays for the extension) regardless of the copies made. The warranty within 14 months with copies is valid only for MKs which on average last 4 / 500,000 copies, I challenge anyone to make 500,000 copies in 1 year
    so the purpose cannot be what you think, you think it because you would and the mind thinks that because it is distorted.
    mine was a naive request to do what I explained yesterday, without any thought to deceive anyone, we don't need to believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by terramobil View Post
    It's easy: Turn the machine upside down while printing and the counters will run backwards.
    Be careful to say certain things, that some smart and intelligent technician could take advantage of your advice and implement it
    ha ha ha with all these professors around ... you never know

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I think we can close this case because it is not possible to enter hidden Service Mode by normal technician!
    To get entrance you need KDC headquarter secret code + special USB key, provided by KDC.
    Serialnumber from this special KDC-USB key will be stored in each FW to prevent copy and paste to other USB key.
    There is no other way possible anymore!
    By the way: you can't reset all counters by the secret code together with usb key.
    Life count will still remain.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    secret code kyocera

not to get in the middle of reset or not...

Just log in to the Command Center change the Host name and it will show up on kfs so you can tell who is who and new from old