Technician

CS3051 color issue

I've got a 3051ci misprinting at the top of pages. This machine has brand new developers/drums, and a new yellow laser scanner. When printing full page C/Y/M/K test pages they look great, but when doing normal prints it will fade out on the top, or have a yellow hue. If we make a copy of one of the full color test pages then it fades/gets light at the top across the page as well. I'm wondering if we could have a black laser scanner going bad or the high voltage power supply possible.... I have attached some examples, and also a color registration page as reference. All colors on the registration page and full color test pages print out just fine, but any other word/excel/pdf etc all have color misprint. Status pages and all internal print jobs/tables print perfect. Document_2021-07-20_150517.pdfDocument_2021-07-20_150451.pdfAny input is welcomed. I have also attached a copy of the original document as a guide to what this print job looks like compared to the original. Visitor Meeting Overview (3).pdf Thank you all!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    CS3051 color issue

Re: CS3051 color issue

Copies will never look as perfect as direct prints, due to resolution loss from the scanner, but that's pretty extreme. It sounds obvious, but have you thoroughly cleaned the scanner optics and CCD lens, before doing your color calibration?

You've ruled out the laser, if the the direct prints look fine. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

The CAM release system on your DV's could be binding or popped out of their holders. It was a known issue for these models.
    (The top header should be process grey, but since it appears yellow it is missing the C and M halftone BTW)

Check the long stainless rod on the back side and make sure it is notched into it's holders and moves freely when pushed in. It should move the DV roller away/toward drum with spring pressure on the release motion.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

How does the U089 colour belt test print look. Often issues with dirty laser polygon mirror don’t occur on solids, but badly affect half tones, especially to one end.
    Also moisture can affect print quality, but not normally so much with new drums.
    I suspect clouded/dirty mirrors on the laser polygon, especially as these machines are getting on in years.
    Easy to remove and clean.
    Post a pic of the Colour belt test please.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

pdf whit color registration are faded ,i think this is a scan problem and i think clean very well mirrors and ccd