Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

6002i dropping developer

Hi everyone!

I have a Kyocera CS6002i in the field, that is dropping developer into the lower paper trays, below the developer unit. I've checked all the developing bias voltages, and they seem to be in range of service manual specs. I have also taken the developer unit out, and spun it over clean white paper, to see if it's a physical issue with the developer unit itself.

Has anyone seen this issue, and can give me some points to look at, or a possible resolution?

Thank you!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: 6002i dropping developer

I’ve experienced this on a couple these machines. Try holding the dev unit in your hand and gently tapping it and see if dev/toner falls out especially on the front side. If yes it is the dev unit and has to be replaced. BUT, you must tear down the machine to remove the “front inner cover” (see attached) as it acts like a reservoir and is probably choked with toner. Even after removing it you’ll to keep on tapping and vacuuming it to get it all clean.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by StratManDan View Post
    Hi everyone!

I have a Kyocera CS6002i in the field, that is dropping developer into the lower paper trays, below the developer unit. I've checked all the developing bias voltages, and they seem to be in range of service manual specs. I have also taken the developer unit out, and spun it over clean white paper, to see if it's a physical issue with the developer unit itself.

Has anyone seen this issue, and can give me some points to look at, or a possible resolution?

Thank you!

Change dev unit, this is a know issue, there is a service bulletin about it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thank you for the info!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    6002i dropping developer

Quote Originally Posted by yakyitz View Post
    I’ve experienced this on a couple these machines. Try holding the dev unit in your hand and gently tapping it and see if dev/toner falls out especially on the front side. If yes it is the dev unit and has to be replaced. BUT, you must tear down the machine to remove the “front inner cover” (see attached) as it acts like a reservoir and is probably choked with toner. Even after removing it you’ll to keep on tapping and vacuuming it to get it all clean.
    +1

I had a 3252ci that the only symptom was jamming ... first from tray #1, then from trays #1 & #2. I had noticed a bit of grit in the trays. I cleaned it up and the rollers, and it worked fine for another week. On the third call I accidentally banged the inner cover and 1/4 cup of developer dumped into my newly cleaned tray #1.

There was no image quality issue to speak of, just jamming. And there isn't an easy way to clean out that front cover without removing it. New developing unit + thorough cleaning solved my issue.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thank you!