Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: M3145 C0800

Technician

M3145 C0800

This machine started with C0800. Something to do with the control board.
    Tech support told the me fuser can cause the problem. Put fuser in, no help.
    At first the copy would jam twice at registration roller than c0800 code would come.
    Put controller board in. Now the envelope motor constantly turns and finally will throw C6030 fuser code with either new or used fuser.
    I guess I'm going try Kyocera tech help again. Wish me luck. If anybody any ideas that would great. This machine is only about 8 months old.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: M3145 C0800

I had the issue with the envelope motor turning all the time on a M3655. This turned out to be an EEPROM. Once that was replaced everything worked fine. Had to go through Kyocera and replace several boards before they would actually send and EEPROM. They have to program that EEPROM before sending it out. Hope this helps.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copierjeffstl View Post
    This machine started with C0800. Something to do with the control board.
    Tech support told the me fuser can cause the problem. Put fuser in, no help.
    At first the copy would jam twice at registration roller than c0800 code would come.
    Put controller board in. Now the envelope motor constantly turns and finally will throw C6030 fuser code with either new or used fuser.
    I guess I'm going try Kyocera tech help again. Wish me luck. If anybody any ideas that would great. This machine is only about 8 months old.
    First thing to understand about C0800 is that the jam is not significant. The device pre-stages paper at the REG roller while the imaging system is stabilizing.

If the system fails to establish imaging stabilization after a certain period of time, the C0800 code occurs and the system halts with the paper staged at the REG roller.

Stabilization failure can come from a variety of causes and this code is a bugger to track down. Fuser has been seen in several cases, but any number of problems in calibration or even system setting of things like env motor position can cause it.

A couple of cases-
    M3550idn: Cold solder YC2 PS PWB
    FS-4100dn: Engine PWB
    MFP models tend to be fuser related but again - no real single cause.

If it is under warranty, get a case open so you can get re-imbursed for those parts. Put the original controller back in and do a sales return on the repacement controller. Texas can figure out if its bad or not.

Check that Fuser wiring and it's connections on the engine/controller side, particularly that envelope motor/sensor signal.

Good Luck

Technician

Thanks for the input.
    Kyocera tech support advised me to contact regional rep which I'm in the process of doing.