Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Stupid Pinpoint Scan question

Do the versions on the copier and the PC have to match? Can you have version 2 on the copier and use version 3 on the PC? We have an older FS-8525 that had Pinpoint scan on it and their server crashed so we are trying to set it back up and we are using Pinpoint Scan 3 for the PC and it will not connect. I am pretty sure the 8525 has Pinpoint scan 2 on it and that is the only thing I can think of that would make it not connect, we have tried everything except that different version. I have never had this much trouble making this work, it's usually very simple and takes 5 minutes to set up.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Stupid Pinpoint Scan question

Re: Stupid Pinpoint Scan question

The have to be the same version.
    I looked through my folder, but I don't have any 2's to send you. You might be able to get it from your Kyo rep or the hotline from the FTP site.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    I looked through my folder, but I don't have any 2's to send you. You might be able to get it from your Kyo rep or the hotline from the FTP site.
    I appreciate it I don't have 2 either, just 1 and 3. So do they have to match each other?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    I appreciate it I don't have 2 either, just 1 and 3. So do they have to match each other?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Necrocannibal View Post

Yes they must match. The PC installation files, when extracted, usually contain the MFP .pkg file appropriate to that version.

The FS-8525 is supported under version 3, however it may not be a free upgrade. You can install the .pkg file on the MFP and see if it will activate, otherwise you can use one of the (2) 30-day trials if they are remaining until a license is purchased.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrintWhisperer View Post
    Yes they must match. The PC installation files, when extracted, usually contain the MFP .pkg file appropriate to that version.

The FS-8525 is supported under version 3, however it may not be a free upgrade. You can install the .pkg file on the MFP and see if it will activate, otherwise you can use one of the (2) 30-day trials if they are remaining until a license is purchased.
    Ok thanks, I thought they had to. This machine has had Pinpoint scan on it for a long time now and I'm assuming it's version 2 and we only have 1 and 3 on our computer. I'll have to look and see if it is indeed version but I'm betting that's why it won't connect.