Macro Software Like PlanetPress

Hi distinguished members, i was looking for an answer to my questions in google and found this amazing forum.

I'm looking for an alternative to PlanetPress suite since they upgraded it to a "Connect" version they wanna charge a serious amount of money just for the printing output.

We have this situation, our client's ERP is based on PL/SQL by Oracle language and we need to design different macros for different types of documents that must be printed (invoices, etc.) that have special dimensions (double A5 prints in a A4 sheet for example) with logos and stuff, i discarded the prescribe option since the graphic needed is way too complicated with tiny letters and things like that.

Any suggestions? (that isn't Oracle Reports, Planet Press Suite)

Thanks in advance.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

Re: Macro Software Like PlanetPress

I remember Kyocera having something that did this called KyoEasyPrint. It was cheap, and was print server based and would work with any print driver (any brand).

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Planet Press is the sh!t but probably overkill for some ERP output (No intelligence there). It's like driving a Mercedes and everything else is a Volkswagon.

Who you gonna call though? As you have said, without it you have to call macro's written in some PDL (PS, PCL, Prescribe, etc.) to merge with your Variable Data. So get good and writing print code.

Otherwise start researching Variable Data/Form Template solutions like Fiery FreeForm and others for something more apt.

Quote Originally Posted by jhalfhide View Post
    I remember Kyocera having something that did this called KyoEasyPrint. It was cheap, and was print server based and would work with any print driver (any brand).

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Thank you, i looked for the Easy Printing and found a nice overlay, but i do not know how to create a template with graphics, i might look more into this!

Quote Originally Posted by PrintWhisperer View Post
    Planet Press is the sh!t but probably overkill for some ERP output (No intelligence there). It's like driving a Mercedes and everything else is a Volkswagon.

Who you gonna call though? As you have said, without it you have to call macro's written in some PDL (PS, PCL, Prescribe, etc.) to merge with your Variable Data. So get good and writing print code.

Otherwise start researching Variable Data/Form Template solutions like Fiery FreeForm and others for something more apt.
    Thank you for your reply, i will look for this and try to make it deliver like you side with some PDL coding.