Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Add more edge erase on printing? 8353ci

I've got a machine that loves to wrap in the fuser with lots of solids. I increased the print margins U405 I think which sorted copying out and even internal prints get a nice 10mm on lead edge but it has zero effect on printing.

User has a pdf with hardly any lead edge must be 5mm which wraps pretty much within 3 sheets. I even tried changing the start timing with u034 from the tray which again made the image move on internal tests and copying but printing didn't move at all. Is there some where else i should be changing the centering?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Re: Add more edge erase on printing? 8353ci

Margins are defined by the Application or the Driver and you need to define them there.

Machine settings are ignored as long as margin definitions are being sent.

If you want to try the method is via FRPO settings, but as the Prescribe TEC reference states "This setting may be ignored in some emulation modes":

Copy the following text into notepad and save the file. Rename the extension to .capt and save it on to a thumb drive:

!R! FRPO A1, 0; FRPO A2, 50; STAT1; EXIT;

Note: (A1= Integer value in inches , A2= Fractional value in 1/100 inches)

Print a Service Status Page to check the FRPO Values for A1 and A2 (Top Margin)

Insert USB into device and print the file. It will apply the settings and print a Service Status Page. Check the new page for the A1/A2 settings to see that they have changed.

This will set the top margin at 0.5 inches (50/100) but for most Windows printing this would probably be ignored. You can try changing the PDL from PCL-XL to KPDL to see if the FRPO setting is then obeyed.

GL!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fishleg View Post
    I've got a machine that loves to wrap in the fuser with lots of solids. I increased the print margins U405 I think which sorted copying out and even internal prints get a nice 10mm on lead edge but it has zero effect on printing.

User has a pdf with hardly any lead edge must be 5mm which wraps pretty much within 3 sheets. I even tried changing the start timing with u034 from the tray which again made the image move on internal tests and copying but printing didn't move at all. Is there some where else i should be changing the centering?

I use U034 & U066 for this issue.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Yes, image quality adjustments are generally ignored on prints. I'll be interested to know if PrintWhisperer's PreScribe command works for you. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrintWhisperer View Post
    Margins are defined by the Application or the Driver and you need to define them there.

If you want to try the method is via FRPO settings, but as the Prescribe TEC reference states "This setting may be ignored in some emulation modes":

Copy the following text into notepad and save the file. Rename the extension to .capt and save it on to a thumb drive:

Insert USB into device and print the file. It will apply the settings and print a Service Status Page. Check the new page for the A1/A2 settings to see that they have changed.

This will set the top margin at 0.5 inches (50/100) but for most Windows printing this would probably be ignored. You can try changing the PDL from PCL-XL to KPDL to see if the FRPO setting is then obeyed.

GL!

Good stuff.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

3mm to 5mm is normal spec

Something he's not telling us

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrintWhisperer View Post

GL!
    Is that permanent? I'd rather not dig into the world of sending commands I don't really understand no offense. Surely must be a way in the menu to do the same thing?
    Last edited by fishleg; 09-11-2021 at 07:53 AM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Yes, image quality adjustments are generally ignored on prints. I'll be interested to know if PrintWhisperer's PreScribe command works for you. =^..^=
    Why would they do that though that's insane? Especially since you can't move the image in the driver that I could see.

Any other settings i can try to move the lead edge over? Can't believe you set a print margin in service mode for it to be ignored on prints.

You already got your answer I use U034 & U066 for this issue.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishleg View Post

Only adjustment you have for print jobs is U034, Start timing. Typically I set these to about +1.1 and it’s pretty close. Otherwise print jobs aren’t centred and fuser wrap is likely on high coverage prints.
    I set them all to this and adjust if necessary.
    This has taken me several years to work out! Add more edge erase on printing? 8353ciAdd more edge erase on printing? 8353ci