Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 1,000+ Posts kuby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,091
    Rep Power
    43

    Fax install on a 406ci - Fax System 10 - Getting Error

    Installing a fax system 10 in a 406ci and get a C0620, Check DIMM on the main PWB error. Does the fax need a memory card to work? There are DIMM in the YS1 (STD) and the YS3 (OPT) but I see nothing in the YS5. Thanks

  2. #2
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Fax install on a 406ci - Fax System 10 - Getting Error


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Concord, NH
    Posts
    759
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: Fax install on a 406ci - Fax System 10 - Getting Error

    Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    Installing a fax system 10 in a 406ci and get a C0620, Check DIMM on the main PWB error. Does the fax need a memory card to work? There are DIMM in the YS1 (STD) and the YS3 (OPT) but I see nothing in the YS5. Thanks
    There is a DIMM card that comes with the fax option that needs to be installed with the fax option. Just installing the fax board in the machine will not enable the fax as your error code indicates without the fax DIMM. If you switched the fax option from another machine go back to the original unit and remove the DIMM to install in the other unit. The installation guide shows the proper connector to plug the fax dimm into.

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 1,000+ Posts kuby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,091
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Fax install on a 406ci - Fax System 10 - Getting Error

    There was no DIMM with the fax card, just the fax card? Guess I will order one.

    Just what I thought.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Fax install on a 406ci - Fax System 10 - Getting Error

    Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    There was no DIMM with the fax card, just the fax card? Guess I will order one.

    Just what I thought.

    Thanks
    I am having the same issue, ordered a Fax System 10 which is supposed to be for the 406ci and getting the same error telling me to check DIMM on main board. No DIMM was in the box, did that fix your issue? If so do you by chance have the part number for it?

    Thanks!

    EDIT*

    Is the part number for it? There are two DIMMs in the parts manual. This is so confusing and why didn't what I need come in the box? This is ridiculous.
    1503MB0UN0

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Fax install on a 406ci - Fax System 10 - Getting Error

    Samanator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Katy, Texs
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Fax install on a 406ci - Fax System 10 - Getting Error

    Is this fax card brand new out of the box or did come from another machine?

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Fax install on a 406ci - Fax System 10 - Getting Error

    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Is this fax card brand new out of the box or did come from another machine?

    Brand new out of the box, there was no DIMM or instructions on how to install a DIMM but in the parts manual there is a DIMM for it and I actually think it is part number
    303MB94030

  7. #7
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Fax install on a 406ci - Fax System 10 - Getting Error

    Orderd that part and hope it's the issue.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 1,000+ Posts kuby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,091
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Fax install on a 406ci - Fax System 10 - Getting Error

    Quote Originally Posted by Necrocannibal View Post
    I am having the same issue, ordered a Fax System 10 which is supposed to be for the 406ci and getting the same error telling me to check DIMM on main board. No DIMM was in the box, did that fix your issue? If so do you by chance have the part number for it?

    Thanks!

    EDIT*

    Is the part number for it? There are two DIMMs in the parts manual. This is so confusing and why didn't what I need come in the box? This is ridiculous.
    1503MB0UN0

    ***********************************
    Yes installing the DIMM fixed the issue.

  9. #9
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Fax install on a 406ci - Fax System 10 - Getting Error

    Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    ***********************************
    Yes installing the DIMM fix the issue.
    Thanks! It did for me as well, still not sure why it wasn't in the box.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here