Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    8353ci keep having to do dev refresh every so often

Parts done about 400k and they print 5kish a week so every 4 weeks sometimes less customer reports halftones have gone faint usually colours. They print a lot of green so its usually always Cyan / Yellow that's gone faint.

Do the usual give the machine a clean out etc check everything but what always brings it back is a dev refresh 2 times and sometimes a u140 and its fine again for another few weeks. Do the usual calibrations etc as well but it will go faint again in a few weeks. I've seen quite a lot of these machines now and they all seem to suffer if people use a lot of colour the dev seems to go bad.

Is there anyway I can get the machine to do a dev refresh itself every so often or something similar just so everything stays in check? Its definitely dev related. Tempted to bang in two devs but they are perfectly fine its just as if the dev unit gets clogged with poor carrier.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: 8353ci keep having to do dev refresh every so often

Quote Originally Posted by fishleg View Post
    Parts done about 400k and they print 5kish a week so every 4 weeks sometimes less customer reports halftones have gone faint usually colours. They print a lot of green so its usually always Cyan / Yellow that's gone faint.

Do the usual give the machine a clean out etc check everything but what always brings it back is a dev refresh 2 times and sometimes a u140 and its fine again for another few weeks. Do the usual calibrations etc as well but it will go faint again in a few weeks. I've seen quite a lot of these machines now and they all seem to suffer if people use a lot of colour the dev seems to go bad.

Is there anyway I can get the machine to do a dev refresh itself every so often or something similar just so everything stays in check? Its definitely dev related. Tempted to bang in two devs but they are perfectly fine its just as if the dev unit gets clogged with poor carrier.

Are you using OEM toner?

I know that there's a way to adjust the time for calibration and I think U147 is the adjustment for add toner interval. I think.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Set Maintenance Mode to 325 'ON' and change the Mode setting to '2'. This will force a mini refresh occasionally during operation (according to KDC engineer)

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I would also change the calibration time to short in system menu> adjustments.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook