Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Post Kyocera df-7110 stapler issue

I have a DF-7110 finisher in the shop that has an issue of the staple unit hitting the thin sheet metal "Paper Guide Stopper." It stops in the middle of it's travel, putting the stapler/carriage unit in the center of the finisher. In other words, the stapler unit isn't making it back to the front side, or it's home position, just behind the front door of the finisher. The part number of the Paper Guide Stopper is 303NB36082.

I've replaced the stapler mount, thinking the whole unit was "kicked back on it's heels", due to the worn rear feet, and raising the front of the stapler unit up, thus hitting the Paper Guide Stopper. All to no avail, however. After installing the new stapler mount, the unit still hits the Paper Guide Stopper.

This "Paper Guide Stopper, while being fixed in place, just beneath the clear plastic D4 "swing-able paper guide, will move slightly up and down, if manipulated by hand.
    The first pic shows the part in the exploded parts list in the manual. The second pic shows the worn rear feet on the stapler mount. The third pic shows a better view of the worn feet. The last pic shows point of contact, (red arrow) where the stapler unit hits the Paper Guide Stopper, (yellow arrow).

You can see the pics better if you right click, and open image in new tab. It'll give you a bigger picture.

Has anyone ever seen this issue? Paper Guide Stopper.PNGStapler Mount 1.jpgStapler Mount 2.jpgStapler Mount 3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera df-7110 stapler issue

Re: Kyocera df-7110 stapler issue

I'm wondering if there isn't friction between between the black plastic contact point and the stapler unit frame. The jitter/vibration may cause the stapler to bounce ... and catch the edge of the paper guide stopper.

I think that I would grease the contact area ... the rub mark that you see on the metal lower plate. Use a nice thick grease. I have Mobilegrease 28, but the specific lubricant is less important than that it's lubricated. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Kyocera df-7110 stapler issue

Thanks BlackCat. I'll give it a try.