Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    TA 2552ci loss of color

Re: TA 2552ci loss of color

I must find a better system for organizing all of my notes.

KYO explained this problem to me months ago. It's very interesting.

From KYO_OEM

If i get problems like yours, at first i check the history of runtime from the developer stations.
    U158 shows the counter and U157 shows the runtime in minutes
    Now i calculate by this way:
    U157*60/U158=needed time for 1 page
    e.g.
    3051ci = 30ppm system or 2 seconds needed for 1 page at continous printing
    If i get a result > Ø 8 seconds i know that system mostly used for single printing
    results nearby 3-4 seconds shows mostly continous printing
    If systems would used in single printing enviroment, we get stress to the developer powder because Dv stations are almost turning without taken toner....
    Together in combination with low coverage < 1% we have the nightmare and DV units won tever reach the expected lifetime, or we get problems like yours.
    1. faint --> run Dv refresh --> no more faint ---> next day same problem with faint images--> and so on.
    I discussed this point with KDC and received the answer below:
    Based on maintenance report DV-motor driving time / page is long.
    BK: 3.76 second / page
    Color: 8.51 second / page
    This machine prints BK mainly so I guess machine request many calibration excecuted after each sleep mode and
    it makes more stress to powder in DV unit.

If DV-refresh mode does not recover the density, I recommend you to replace DV units.

Then to prevent this problem again following setting will be the option.

U464/mode: Normal ---> Custom (to active below Print Rate(B/W) setting change.
    U464/Print Rate(B/W)/ 50->80 (Bk calibration)
    U486/Mode2 -> Mode1 (When first page of Job is "color", we can reduce the color driving time for following pages.)
    U325/off -> on/ Mode1 (Increase refresh toner)

additionally i changed U148 from 1 to 2 / increase the toner refresh inside from DV stations

U464/"Print rate b/w" means cycle for full color calibration
    50/50 = after 8 minutes run time from Bk DV (U464/Time Intervall)system will run automatically color calibration after 16 minutes runtime from color DV
    U486/ Value setting for Colour-/ black and white- operation mode
    Mode1 = less colour pages during continuous b/w printing. Motor drive is switching on the fly
    Mode2 = maximum colour pages during continuous printing. Motor drive resumes up to 9 pages in a row.
    Mode3 = maximum colour pages during continuous printing. Motor drive resumes all the time.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KYO_OEM View Post
    It`s 2 component DV
    Developer + Toner
    Developer = metallic powder / "easy explanation"
    Toner ingredients = color, wax, amorhes silicium dioxid + others
    Can you confirm this is specific to the low speed Dual Component and not accurate for hybrid C.A.S.S. machines?

Or is carrier auto streaming not meaning what it says.

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

C.A.S.S. we have had on Alphard series only.
    Not longer existing, or do you remeber to open the cass shutters on Iris 1+2 high series?
    Alphard series used touch down developing only instead of dual component developing.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KYO_OEM View Post
    C.A.S.S. we have had on Alphard series only.
    Not longer existing, or do you remeber to open the cass shutters on Iris 1+2 high series?
    Alphard series used touch down developing only instead of dual component developing.

Perhaps you are not understanding me, let me clarify (I am only trying to get facts which may not be properly understood here)

I am asking if toner is pre-mixed with carrier as has been asserted by Dallas, TX training material (below)

All (kyo-console) developers are dual component. The only difference is hybrid DV 'point of contact' uses mono component. Saying 'all Alphard used (anything) instead of dual component' is not accurate.

Alphard was CASS only (hybrid DV) because simple (1-roller) Dual component system was not introduced into the 2 lowest speed models of Alphard, but is now.

SO since construction of hybrid developers has not changed since Alphard, are you saying that toner composition is different for later hybrid models and does not comply to information below:

DV.jpg

Because developers now eject waste constantly (with DV drive) then if no additional carrier is ever supplied then DV must retain all initial carrier on MAG roller?

I hope you understand this is an important point of clarification.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    TA 2552ci loss of color

I wish they would put it like Konicas so it would only stabilise colour when colour is actually used if you set it to black priority. I go to loads of places that have totally locked down colour so it's impossible to use but the machine still does a full colour calib wasting toner and dev... Argument would be buy a mono machine but sales people love to sell colour.

I've been setting a lot to U486 mode1 which seems to make it do colour calibs less. Any other tweaks to get the max out of the colour Dev in that scenario with no colour usage? I suppose if they don't turn they seize up so you can't win and I have seen a machine do that from no colour usage all 3 drum blades decided to flip.

TA 2552ci loss of color

Quote Originally Posted by PrintWhisperer View Post
    Perhaps you are not understanding me, let me clarify (I am only trying to get facts which may not be properly understood here)

I am asking if toner is pre-mixed with carrier as has been asserted by Dallas, TX training material (below)

All (kyo-console) developers are dual component. The only difference is hybrid DV 'point of contact' uses mono component. Saying 'all Alphard used (anything) instead of dual component' is not accurate.

Alphard was CASS only (hybrid DV) because simple (1-roller) Dual component system was not introduced into the 2 lowest speed models of Alphard, but is now.

SO since construction of hybrid developers has not changed since Alphard, are you saying that toner composition is different for later hybrid models and does not comply to information below:

DV.jpg

Because developers now eject waste constantly (with DV drive) then if no additional carrier is ever supplied then DV must retain all initial carrier on MAG roller?

I hope you understand this is an important point of clarification.

If I'm understanding correctly, DV comes premixed with toner when the DV unit is new. As the machine is used, new carrier is introdced into the DV unit (to keep it fresh) via toner cartridge and a small amount of carrier is discharged thru waste toner to ensure the mixture is optimal?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    TA 2552ci loss of color

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    If I'm understanding correctly, DV comes premixed with toner when the DV unit is new. As the machine is used, new carrier is introdced into the DV unit (to keep it fresh) via toner cartridge and a small amount of carrier is discharged thru waste toner to ensure the mixture is optimal?
    True. That's why the new developing units have an outlet to release developer to the waste bottle above a certain level.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

TA 2552ci loss of color

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    True. That's why the new developing units have an outlet to release developer to the waste bottle above a certain level.
    =^..^=

Some of the techs get very technical about the inter-workings of a machine and I love reading it because I don't have access to the information. I hang on every word. Keep it coming, guys.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    This is solution. I hated when doing dev change every now and then. Plus stripped gears and leaking seals/bushings seized bearings leaving no mercy on mixer shafts...what a torture!
    Developer refreshing from new toner cartridge and discharge of old developer into WTB...Genious
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.