Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Kyocera DF-7110 J6310 jam

Hi guys,

I've got a Kyocera 4000 sheet finisher, DF-7110 that is having intermittent J6310 jams. I realize other sensors will effect the sensor "blamed" for the jam. One issue I'm having trouble dealing with, is that the manual names a sensor on thing, and then in the block diagrams of component locations, calls it something else.

This DF Middle Sensor, that the J6310 point to, is right on top of the machine, above the "drum" in the finisher. So it's fairly easy to get to, and clean, and/or examine.
    The jam usually occurs when copying multiple originals, duplexing, collating, and offsetting each stack. From what I can see, the first, or the first couple of originals will reach the bundle eject, and while waiting for the rest of the copied originals, one will be pulled back into the finisher, sometimes doubling the page over, then there's a short "paper flapping" sound, and boom, JAM!

My question is, has anyone seen this issue, and if so, what other steps can be taken to resolve this issue?

Thanks guys!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Re: Kyocera DF-7110 J6310 jam

When these finishers get high volume (usually close to 1 million) the 'Relief Drum' traction bands (on the drum wheels) can wear and the pages start slipping in the drum.

Replace the 'Drum Wheels' and the idler rollers (small white rollers with metal leaf spring) that ride on the drum wheel.

The Relief Drum only functions for sideways feed letter paper when stapling to hold up to the first 3 sheets of a set while the machine is stapling the prior set.

Those sheets should have their lead edges aligned. When the drum starts slipping the sheets are no longer aligned and will either come out and staple with a sheet sticking out, or catch on the gates and jam for timing error.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera DF-7110 J6310 jam

Re: Kyocera DF-7110 J6310 jam

I would also check that it has the updated parts from H020. This can cause jams in that area as well. There are threads on here regarding it.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook