Technician

Exclamation Kyocera 2552 JAM 0501 & 0502

Hi everyone, I have this strange issue on a Kyocera TaskAlfa 2552 ci. Suddenly the machine stopped picking up paper from cassette 1 (A4) and cassette 2 (A3).
    When I hit copy or try to print the machine immediately runs into JAM 0501 (Cassette 1) or JAM 0502 (Cassette 2). Bypass tray WORKS with both formats.

THINGS I'VE NOTICED:

-Paper tray lifts up correctly.
    -The pickup rollers don't even start rolling. That makes me think that could be some sensor or electrical problem.

THINGS I'VE TRIED:
    -Replaced both cassettes
    -Replaced both pickup units
    -Checked pickup rollers' gears on the back area of the machine.

Everything looks good and I can't figure out why this suddenly happened.

Any help will be appreciated.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Re: Kyocera 2552 JAM 0501 & 0502

Common point of failure for Tray1/2 with no effect to MP would be the PF Motor or Feed Drive PWB operation of motor.

Test in MM030 to see if it runs, then remove cassettes 1/2 and use MM032 to test-fire clutches. Don't forget to start motor before hitting clutch button, and be watching rollers when hitting button because the clutch only comes on for a second or 2.

Check Feed Drive PWB YC-1 Pin 4 for +24V3_IL_F2_FET2 supply from Feed Image PWB (regulated 24v supply for PF motor)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Seen this many times on the 02 series! replace the feed drive assy pwb included.

Quote Originally Posted by craigster View Post
    Seen this many times on the 02 series! replace the feed drive assy pwb included.
    Sure, after you check the input voltage. I know in The Dalles they reach for a shotgun before a meter but C'mon Man!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by PrintWhisperer View Post
    Common point of failure for Tray1/2 with no effect to MP would be the PF Motor or Feed Drive PWB operation of motor.

Test in MM030 to see if it runs, then remove cassettes 1/2 and use MM032 to test-fire clutches. Don't forget to start motor before hitting clutch button, and be watching rollers when hitting button because the clutch only comes on for a second or 2.

Check Feed Drive PWB YC-1 Pin 4 for +24V3_IL_F2_FET2 supply from Feed Image PWB (regulated 24v supply for PF motor)
    SOLVED!
    FOR THE PARTS THAT I WILL REFER TO IN THIS POST LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING MANUAL, PAGE 32 (DRIVE SECTION4): Parts Catalog > Kyocera > TASKalfa 2553ci > page 32
    I've tried what you said, entering in Maintenance Mode and executing code 032 to test-fire clutches. I've noticed that clutches were barely moving.
    Next step: I've opened ref 501 (look manual) part and checked that every gear was at its place and working well with the others, everything was looking ok.
    So I decided to replace the PWB FEED DRIVE ASSY (ref 45 on manual, code 302ND94280) because I had another machine that was working well, and this SOLVED the problem.
    Right now I'm looking to buy a new pwb feed drive, so it was definitely an electrical problem.

NOTE:
    I think that the contacts that have to be checked are on YC2 (Not YC1 as you said) because the gears that were barely rotating are connected on YC2.
    the parts that I refer to are THE SAME on 2553 ci model, so if the problem occurs on a 2553 you can solve it in the same way.
    Hope this will be helpful for someone else, thanks for the help!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera 2552 JAM 0501 & 0502

Congratulations on your success! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by Casian55 View Post
    SOLVED!
    Right now I'm looking to buy a new pwb feed drive, so it was definitely an electrical problem.

NOTE:
    I think that the contacts that have to be checked are on YC2 (Not YC1 as you said) because the gears that were barely rotating are connected on YC2.
    the parts that I refer to are THE SAME on 2553 ci model, so if the problem occurs on a 2553 you can solve it in the same way.
    Hope this will be helpful for someone else, thanks for the help!
    Great job, technically pursued!

The reason you wanted to check YC1 was to be sure the Feed PWB had good input power. If you have bad output (YC2) you have to be sure it's not because of bad input. Then you can be sure it's the board you are working on, and not the one that supplies it.