Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Kyocera DF-7110 J6510, J6310, J6200 jam

Trouble-shooting continues on this DF-7110 that is having these jams. So far, I've totally disassembled the finisher, and cleaned rollers, sensors, etc. I've replaced the Middle Sensor, the Sub Eject Sensor, as well as the actuators for these sensors, and cleaned the Eject Clutch, which may be slipping, and have ordered a new clutch.

Using two blank sheets for originals, they are fed into the DP. I tested by selecting single-sided, collated, off-set each bundle. It ran fine. However, after that, I selected duplex, (2-sided 2-side), collated, off-set each bundle.

While it was running the duplex copies, it would jam by, from what I can tell anyway, pulling one of the originals back into the finisher, and fold it over double, and a "flapping" sound could be heard, which I assumed was the paper wrapping around itself within the finisher.

Has anyone seen this?

Thanks!

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera DF-7110 J6510, J6310, J6200 jam

Look for bulletin H020 and apply this fix if it doesn't have the updated parts installed. There are other threads here for jam 6511 which is the same jam code on the 1,000 sheet finisher. The bulletin doesn't mention a jam code, but it's fixed my jamming issues.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Technician

Did installing the revised exit guide home position switch resolve your jam for J6310/J6510? Having the same issue where when collating duplex copies the paper appears to wrap back inside the exit side of the finisher. I have confirmed it (DF-7110) does have the "push" style switch instead of the new optical sensor.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks Mr2crazed

I've installed the new switch, according to the instructions, and now I have no power to anything, except the bundle eject motor which isn't jogging the gate up and down as it should, but trying to continuously run in the opposite direction. I went from bad to worse!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I had J6510 on 3 machines at the same time if running paper through A4 if I did A4R it wouldn't jam. What is totally mental on this finisher is it ejects 2 sheets at once then pulls them back in. So one sheet goes around the finisher drum one goes over the top they bundle back together then get pulled back in then ejected as one.

On mine when it pulled them back into the finisher the top sheet of the 2 would fold over onto itself the bottom sheet was fine always. I tried everything and since I had 3 machines doing it I was like I'm sorry it has to be your paper try a different brand or do a4r. I have seen it again but very rare so I've never been able to work it out but it's like the top sheet of the two folds over on itself and causes the jam in the exit.

Screenshot_20220204_065932.jpg

The red is the 2 sheets of paper that's the best I can describe it. It was like the cut of the paper was causing it to drag on the sheet underneath meaning it would turn over instead of dropping in. I can't do anything to change how rough the paper is. Would love to find a fix because I know there's a fault here but I have a feeling that it can't be fixed without a redesign. All my finishers are less than 6 months old btw do they have all them switch mods etc