Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Kyocera P7240 belt cleaning station noise

Hi,

I have a machine that seems to go tight on the cleaning station for the transfer belt. I took the belt out turned the augur by hand and it was tight then after a few turns it loosened up, back in the machine, no noise..

Customer said it would start jumping a little bit then slowly get worse day by day till it's just a machine gun sound.

I've already replaced the belt with a brand new one which cured the noise for 2 weeks.

My initial thought was maybe the waste is blocked or the motor isn't turning but that side of it is fine. I noticed there's a drive belt from the back to the front of the machine which looked to be working fine. It's very limited what you can order on this one so I'm a bit stuck.

Any ideas?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera P7240 belt cleaning station noise

I had this happen after installing Maint Kit A in a Gemini. The primary transfer cleaner was significantly more difficult to turn on the new part. After watching the belt jump (and scratching my head a bit) I swapped the old primary transfer cleaner onto the new belt assy ... and it works. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I had one with toner rocks. If you dissemble the right side of the belt where the toner drops through you may see some. Whatever color it is you'll want to toss the cartridge and possibly developer unit.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    I had one with toner rocks. If you dissemble the right side of the belt where the toner drops through you may see some. Whatever color it is you'll want to toss the cartridge and possibly developer unit.
    Thanks I'll have to check it I'll order another belt and take one apart to see. It's only done 8000 prints. Horrible design not sure why you would have a drive belt that long and hide it behind everything so it's impossible to check. I'm pretty sure it's the cleaning station that's causing the noise it doesn't take much to cause it to machine gun.