Technician

Taskalfa 1801 stuck on program loading

Hi good evening, I have the copier that freezes in this state, can someone help me?(i can not enter service mode
    Last edited by newdente.gianluca; 11-15-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Taskalfa 1801 stuck on program loading

generally don't give out the code to access service mode. many of us have employers who spent a good deal of money to have us trained. and yet you give it out freely. and if someone isn't properly trained that can brick a copier.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    generally don't give out the code to access service mode. many of us have employers who spent a good deal of money to have us trained. and yet you give it out freely. and if someone isn't properly trained that can brick a copier.
    ok, sorry, i have modified

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

You will need to attempt normal firmware reload.

If unsuccessful then attempt Emergency Firmware update procedure per Service Manual.

This age device may require individual firmware file update (MMI->Main) so individual files would be needed if above yields no progress.
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I had a similar situation in which I was attempting to solve a finisher error condition. I attempted to solve the problem with firmware, which turned out to be a bad idea. The machine took all the firmware except finisher and punch which failed. When I re-booted, the machine returned to firmware loading mode ... perhaps looking for the missing firmware bits. The MFP would not boot to Ready or to the error condition.

When I became desperate I removed the finisher and punch, then successfully loaded the firmware. The machine worked without the finisher and punch.

As it turned out, there was no 24vdc to the finisher board, so it could not take finisher firmware. Once the power issue was solved the finisher took firmware. Maybe that will help you.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Oh BC, you say it was a bad idea but it pointed you in the direction you needed to go now didn't it.

Stop scaring the straights

Incremental firmware is designed to bear out failure by that which doesn't load.
    Missing_Firmware.jpg

IP_Not_Found.jpg
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

From K105:

Corrective measures for the main unit start-up failure
    [Phenomenon]
    The main unit cannot start up remaining in “Program Loading” at power-up.
    [Cause]
    The internal database in the NOR-Flash memory on the main PWB is broken (data corrupted) from some factor.
    [Corrective measures]
    The database at the normal start-up is backed up and it is restored when the data base is broken.

Write back the indeterminate data in the EEPROM at start-up
    It is so changed that the saved data is restored to use to prevent the indeterminate data from written in the EEPROM if it is judged indeterminate at the main unit start-up.

Field Measure: Upgrade the firmware when the phenomenon occurs. Use the new version firmware from now on.

MAIN 2T5_2000.002.202

ENGINE 2T5_1000.003.001

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I had a similar situation in which I was attempting to solve a finisher error condition. I attempted to solve the problem with firmware, which turned out to be a bad idea. The machine took all the firmware except finisher and punch which failed. When I re-booted, the machine returned to firmware loading mode ... perhaps looking for the missing firmware bits. The MFP would not boot to Ready or to the error condition.

When I became desperate I removed the finisher and punch, then successfully loaded the firmware. The machine worked without the finisher and punch.

As it turned out, there was no 24vdc to the finisher board, so it could not take finisher firmware. Once the power issue was solved the finisher took firmware. Maybe that will help you.
    I did something similar when I was replacing the transfer belt female connector @ rear frame. I unknowingly unplugged one of the motors in the back and someone suggested I upgrade firmware for the error code and the firmware hung up. When that happened I couldn't access service mode thus I couldn't troubleshoot which motor was working or not. I finally found the connector that was unplugged but it was a bitch.

What I learned on that is to never try to upgrade firmware until I've exhausted all avenues of troubleshooting.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I did something similar when I was replacing the transfer belt female connector @ rear frame. I unknowingly unplugged one of the motors in the back and someone suggested I upgrade firmware for the error code and the firmware hung up. When that happened I couldn't access service mode thus I couldn't troubleshoot which motor was working or not. I finally found the connector that was unplugged but it was a bitch.

What I learned on that is to never try to upgrade firmware until I've exhausted all avenues of troubleshooting.

From my notes:

Problem: I got a IH 0801 error when trying to update firmware on a 3551ci.Firmware would stall on IH every time and I'd get an 0801 firmware error code. This would happen with the USB stick in or out.

Solution: Primary transfer belt motor connector was unplugged. Reconnected and firmwared updated succesfully.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by PrintWhisperer View Post
    From K105:

Corrective measures for the main unit start-up failure
    [Phenomenon]
    The main unit cannot start up remaining in “Program Loading” at power-up.
    [Cause]
    The internal database in the NOR-Flash memory on the main PWB is broken (data corrupted) from some factor.
    [Corrective measures]
    The database at the normal start-up is backed up and it is restored when the data base is broken.

Write back the indeterminate data in the EEPROM at start-up
    It is so changed that the saved data is restored to use to prevent the indeterminate data from written in the EEPROM if it is judged indeterminate at the main unit start-up.

Field Measure: Upgrade the firmware when the phenomenon occurs. Use the new version firmware from now on.

MAIN 2T5_2000.002.202

ENGINE 2T5_1000.003.001
    firmware upgraded: all right, it's booting fine. thank you