Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Does Kyocera make a program to quickly pull settings and transfer to new machine?

If someone is upgrading to a newer model do they make a program to pull of the scan settings and transfer to the new one? I know there is something that used to be buried deep inside I think KM Net Viewer but it was difficult to navigate to and use. I was wondering ifnrhey have now made a stand alone program to do that.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Does Kyocera make a program to quickly pull settings and transfer to new machine?

Re: Does Kyocera make a program to quickly pull settings and transfer to new machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Necrocannibal View Post
    If someone is upgrading to a newer model do they make a program to pull of the scan settings and transfer to the new one? I know there is something that used to be buried deep inside I think KM Net Viewer but it was difficult to navigate to and use. I was wondering ifnrhey have now made a stand alone program to do that.

How about Simulation code U917 import/export to USB pen.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Does Kyocera make a program to quickly pull settings and transfer to new machine?

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    How about Simulation code U917 import/export to USB pen.
    It won't work from older machines to newer ones, the KM Net Viewer thing didn't care what models you were switching between but it was a convoluted program to use.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

You have to use the setup tool from Kyocera to convert the U917 data from the old model to the new model. I think this is mainly used for moving over address book and one touch buttons. Net Viewer is very useful once you learn how to use it. I create templates on there to facilitate the setup of many machines at once among other things.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The setup tool will convert the 917 job accounting, address book and one touch keys. The other stuff is in there, but it doesn't work.
    917 will only work directly from same series machines to same series. It's handy for setting up multiple machines for the same customer.
    It even registers it to KFS.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    The setup tool will convert the 917 job accounting, address book and one touch keys. The other stuff is in there, but it doesn't work.
    917 will only work directly from same series machines to same series. It's handy for setting up multiple machines for the same customer.
    It even registers it to KFS.
    Is there a program that I can use to go to a customer's office and pull the info and then come back and insert it in the new machine? Customer us adamant about not being down at at all and they have a lot of scan destinations so I'm trying to make this swap as quick as possible for them.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Is there a program that I can use to go to a customer's office and pull the info and then come back and insert it in the new machine? Customer us adamant about not being down at at all and they have a lot of scan destinations so I'm trying to make this swap as quick as possible for them.

We use the Setup Tool to convert Address Book and Job Accounting and then print out network status sheet to duplicate network info.

You can use KFS to remotely pull the 917 data (on newer machines with the firmware up to date) if someone at the customer's office will OK the download.

For Setup Tool to properly work you have to Export everything in 917, but it will only convert Address Book, One Touch, and Job Accounting for Import

Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

That's what the Setup Tool can do. Do your U917 export at the customer's office. Take the thumb drive back to your office and "convert" the folder to the model your transferring to and then move this converted data to a blank thumb drive and do your U917 import on the new machine. It's pretty quick and easy to do. I usually take my laptop on installs and do this conversion when replacing machines.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by progoffice View Post
    That's what the Setup Tool can do. Do your U917 export at the customer's office. Take the thumb drive back to your office and "convert" the folder to the model your transferring to and then move this converted data to a blank thumb drive and do your U917 import on the new machine. It's pretty quick and easy to do. I usually take my laptop on installs and do this conversion when replacing machines.

Pretty easy to do as well. Tech can be converting data while the machines are being swapped, then import when you get the new machine installed.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

That is what I was hoping, I have been playing around with the Setup Tool this morning and that is what it looked like it could do and now it is confirmed. Thanks everyone!