Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Re: Kyocera M5526cdn problem with printing

Hmm, reminds me of a 7052ci problem I saw recently, only this one is in color:

ARTI.jpg

Cheap image copied from the web, placed in Word and rendered to a PDF. So many image conversions that a background artifact is created within a document layer.

The printer is rendering what it sees in the file, the pixelation is a key to the fact that it is an image conversion done at a low bit-rate (downsampled). Vector graphics scale OK but Bitmaps show compression/decompression errors (codec).

This is just bad Graphic Art production. The image should be flattened if you have proper software to do so.
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

Thank you all for your answers. I read carefully all of your answers.
    I did the following steps:

1)print the documents posted by: blackcat4866 (bad quality, i attach photographs of the results) : Album — Postimages
    2)checked the driver, which was already the latest Kx
    3)made from printer menu: a)Drum Refresh b) Calibration c)Laser Scanner Cleaning d) DEV CLN (without printing any documents between these actions)
    4)Print same document twice (text) I attach photograph with the first and last page of each print) : 4 — Postimages
    5)print again documents posted by blackcat4866 (way better print) : Album — Postimages
    6)Print some more documents, with gradually better quality

And this is how test page looked: 5 — Postimages (the upper- right test page, is the one after step 3 ).
    Now the quality is back. (test page is completely clear of any marks)

My issue is solved.
    I am glad to find your forum
    Thank you again

Hi,

My Kyocera M5526cdn is doing exactly the same. On pages with mixed graphics and text, the graphics have what I would call 'artefacts' like previously mentioned, and just like in the thread originators sample pictures. The colour is dull as well.

My old Samsung CLP-620ND prints the exact same document perfectly, with nice bright graphics.

I have tried all the above steps, except the DEV CLN because I cannot find this in my printer, and still the problem persists.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance - tdprado

Hi tdprado,
    The DEV CLN function is under the service menu.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tsakirtas View Post
    Thank you all for your answers. I read carefully all of your answers.
    I did the following steps:

1)print the documents posted by: blackcat4866 (bad quality, i attach photographs of the results) : Album — Postimages
    2)checked the driver, which was already the latest Kx
    3)made from printer menu: a)Drum Refresh b) Calibration c)Laser Scanner Cleaning d) DEV CLN (without printing any documents between these actions)
    4)Print same document twice (text) I attach photograph with the first and last page of each print) : 4 — Postimages
    5)print again documents posted by blackcat4866 (way better print) : Album — Postimages
    6)Print some more documents, with gradually better quality

And this is how test page looked: 5 — Postimages (the upper- right test page, is the one after step 3 ).
    Now the quality is back. (test page is completely clear of any marks)

My issue is solved.
    I am glad to find your forum
    Thank you again
    I have a feeling your issue is far from solved looking at those prints.
    First thoughts were toner? Are you using genuine Kyocera toner?
    Second, it appears your transfer belt isn’t cleaning and the waste is backed up through the K drum. This is kinda common and if the gear/shaft on the belt cleaner drive is damaged it’s likely you will need replacement parts. I’d be pulling this all out and checking it all to ensure toner is getting through.

Hi Ropariva,

Thank you for your answer.
    The toners i used for the 7000prints were genuine.
    Now i bought compatible toners. (with the price difference i bought also an Oki c532dn, as i need a color laser printer for work).

So you think is transfer belt issue? If this is the issue the problem will return soon. Right?
    By writting replacement parts you mean Transfer belt and black drum unit? Other parts?
    It is almost impossible to find spare parts in Greece for Kyocera printers. (Also my knowledge is limited).

I will print again tomorrow the same pages to see quality again.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    I have a feeling your issue is far from solved looking at those prints.
    First thoughts were toner? Are you using genuine Kyocera toner?
    Second, it appears your transfer belt isn’t cleaning and the waste is backed up through the K drum. This is kinda common and if the gear/shaft on the belt cleaner drive is damaged it’s likely you will need replacement parts. I’d be pulling this all out and checking it all to ensure toner is getting through.
    +1. Likely your issues will be back sooner or later and Yes they mate bad with compatible toner.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Kyocera M5526cdn problem with printing

Kyocera machines HATE Generic or Compatible toners.. Unless you completely clean out what ever aftermarket toner you have installed, it is likely that the issue will rear it's ugly head very soon. I would not change the transfer belt until you get rid of all the Generic toner and even then, it is still inside each drum unit.. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use Genuine OEM Kyocera toners, you think you're saving money? In the long run it will cost you more.

Would it be possible to print copies without problem with a damaged tranfer belt?

The problem appeared after the use of Genuine kyocera toners.
    I just bought a set of compatible, because the printer did not work properly.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Unfortunately you are now in death spiral it will cost a lot. Remember A4 colour any brand is bound to be expensive if you do more than a few colors. Maybe Ricoh A4 are better. KM are decent.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.