Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

P3155dn and P3055dn slow first page out

Hello fellow techs. We have a customer that is using a number of Kyocera P3055 and P3155 printers. They are counter printers for customers receipts at a tire store. First page out right now is at least 10 seconds. Specs are saying 4.5 seconds. The only way we get even close is if it's 2 jobs back to back. We have changed various settings in the driver to print directly start immediately etc..We are using the IP address as port in the driver. We the printer set to quick recovery and sleep timer extended to 120 minutes. Printer will start up in just a few seconds but sit there and idle seemingly warming the fuser for another 5-10 seconds before it prints. Does anyone know any other settings that can be set to speed this up??
    Thanks you so much. We really don't want to have to swap these out for HP printers but this isn't going to fly with the customer.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: P3155dn and P3055dn slow first page out

WOW!!!... Customer is unhappy waiting just 5.5 seconds longer than the stated FCO? Weird.... I would check the media type, make sure it is on plain paper & not on bond or thick or something other than plain paper, that will cause the machine to take longer to come ready. You are using OEM Kyocera toner, right?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

I have to agree, a tire shop complaining that their customer has to wait an extra 5 seconds for their receipt is laughable.

Turn on Quiet Mode and that's all you can do while your customer won't wait 5 seconds to save the planet.

Order an extra fuser because you'll need it as that one cycles constantly without use just to save their 5 seconds.

FCO is actually 6.6 seconds and WUT time is 25 seconds or less. (P3055dn)
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thinkink View Post
    Hello fellow techs. We have a customer that is using a number of Kyocera P3055 and P3155 printers. They are counter printers for customers receipts at a tire store. First page out right now is at least 10 seconds. Specs are saying 4.5 seconds. The only way we get even close is if it's 2 jobs back to back. We have changed various settings in the driver to print directly start immediately etc..We are using the IP address as port in the driver. We the printer set to quick recovery and sleep timer extended to 120 minutes. Printer will start up in just a few seconds but sit there and idle seemingly warming the fuser for another 5-10 seconds before it prints. Does anyone know any other settings that can be set to speed this up??
    Thanks you so much. We really don't want to have to swap these out for HP printers but this isn't going to fly with the customer.
    We actually did manage to figure out that we had a bad ethernet cable This improved things dramatically

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thinkink View Post
    We actually did manage to figure out that we had a bad ethernet cable This improved things dramatically
    Where was that bad boy hiding as you stated numerous printers are involved
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

LOL... Bad cable, that is too weird... Make sure they are using a KX driver... if it is just a generic driver they will have print issues with pausing & taking super long to print long jobs.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Yep. Have also had poor network connections cause print delays. Simple ping -t will show up any delays or drop outs.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts justanotherhack's Avatar

We have the same issue at a hardware chain; the HP's we replaced were much quicker on the draw so it was very noticeable at first. They have since gotten used to it; I never did find a good answer to this.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

These boxes do print slower than boxes we have replaced. As the previous post mentioned, HP render the jobs much faster.

As to the 4.5 seconds...If you look at the top page of this model on Kyocera's site, it states "4.5 seconds to first print". When you look at the actual brochure, the wording changes to "4.5 seconds to first page"
    These times generally are referring to first copy page out, not printing. Various drivers, network routes, local or server installs will directly affect the speed of a print job.
    I recently had this scenario with instilling these units to replace HPs. Through their network, it took 15 seconds for the job to print. From my laptop, the same file took 6 seconds. PCL drivers are generally the fastest as they use the PC to setup the job whereas PS drivers dump the data to the printer to interpret.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I had a baffling one years ago:

It was a Kyocera VoyagerE ... technically two of them, KM-C4035E. One of them significantly slower than the other. They were only a few feet apart, so it was kinda hard to deny it.

All the settings were the same ... I went so far as copying over every setting and it made no difference. Then I swapped the two machines just for kicks, and the other machine became the slow one.

During this swapping process I noticed that there was a 100ft coil of network cable to the surge suppressor, then another 100ft coil of cable to the VOIP box, then a 5ft cable to the machine. First I connected the machine directly to the wall with the 5ft cable and it sped right up. Next I installed (3) 5ft cables, and it was still really slow. Then I removed the surge suppressor from the chain ... no difference. Then I removed the VOIP box and it sped right up again.

It turns out that the VOIP box was an oldie ... 10MBs network speed. So that was the choke point. The network speed is only as fast as the slowest component in the chain. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=