Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

6003i with c-7101 code, new. 150 copies

Hi. Have a new 6003i with 150 copies. Instant C-7101 toner sensor error. Did good at setup and at customers office. Now can`t get past 7101 code now after start up screen. Replaced two dev units. New. Same thing. Called hotline twice. Called rep. No help. Updated FW. Reset drum/dev relay board in the front. Reset main and engine. Leaving dev unit out gets a different code so board is working. Toner motor works. Any help would be appreciated. What is next step? Engine, Feed board? Can`t run anything in service mode because it is in error state. Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Re: 6003i with c-7101 code, new. 150 copies

You can use MM155 and MM132 to check the flow of toner.

I would start with MM132 'Toner Add' execute and press start and observe the Supply(K) value for changes. The Sensor (K) should be around 512 and changing. Don't run it for too long unless your sure nothing is plugged or blocked, but it may just 'prime the pump'.

Your code says the value for Sensor (K) is not settling into proper range changing presumably from a toner feed failure.

Feed Image PWB maybe, you could signal check the Toner Sensor supply voltage.

These may guide you to the culprit but the TS chart for 7101 gives you the major players if you have a board/mech drive failure.
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

In the back of the machine, behind the board assembly, there is a unit that moves toner from the supply (top) to the developing unit(bottom). Takes a bit of work to get to it but it's not difficult.

I'd check that unit to make sure it's functioning properly.

Had a machine suddenly start giving this code at a school. I had a used donor machine to swap the unit as the school machine was getting replaced in 3 weeks.

I didn't do an autopsy on the bad unit to verify what had gone wrong though.

edit: If you have an immediate failure with a new dev unit, I'd check developer drive to make sure the unit is driving. No dev drive = no movement of toner/dev over toner sensor.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drumluck View Post
    Hi. Have a new 6003i with 150 copies. Instant C-7101 toner sensor error. Did good at setup and at customers office. Now can`t get past 7101 code now after start up screen. Replaced two dev units. New. Same thing. Called hotline twice. Called rep. No help. Updated FW. Reset drum/dev relay board in the front. Reset main and engine. Leaving dev unit out gets a different code so board is working. Toner motor works. Any help would be appreciated. What is next step? Engine, Feed board? Can`t run anything in service mode because it is in error state. Thanks
    when you said "reset" those boards do you mean replaced?

You have to keep pressing your rep. He can travel to you or he can escalate to have the machine replaced.