Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Kyocera 6635cidn error code 4600

Hi I work on some Kyocera copiers but have not worked on this one I see it has to do with cleaning mode just trying to see if I could get an idea what to do or look for thanks in advance

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera 6635cidn error code 4600

Yeah, it's a failure of the laser slit glass cleaner to complete it's cycle. It's the same mechanism on Genesis, Mebius, & Mebius II. There are several reasons why this might occur:

I had a customer that would become irritated when the MFP tried to do it's automatic laser slit glass cleaning during a print job, displaying: "Cleaning the Laser Unit." The customer explained: "All I do is pull the power cord, and it stops that." (**genius**). Now the cleaner is not at home position, & goes into C4600. Usually you get a void line in the images too, because the cleaners block the laser slit glasses. It's simple enough to remove the consumables and loosen the laser unit screws. Lift each of the laser units (two) and rotate the cleaner drive to home the cleaner to the left. Make sure that it turns smoothly. Re-tighten the laser unit screws and re-install the consumables.

In dirty environments the cleaner can drag. Cleaning the worm drive and lubricating it with grease can help.

If the motor turns slowly or just will not run, the engine relay PWB may have a failing drive circuit. Temporarily home the cleaners to the left, then disconnect J26 on the engine relay PWB. The cleaner will not stall ... it won't move at all. But it also won't clean the laser slit glasses, so you'll be out more often to clean the laser slit glasses manually. (towel & glass cleaner). For the automated cleanings to resume, you'll have to replace the engine relay PWB.

You can test the Laser Slit Glass Cleaner multiple times in the System Menu to see that it can complete several cycles.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

It’s a bit late once this error has started, but Kyocera have filters you can fit on the intake fans to prevent dust entering the laser scanner area.
    It’s a bit of a job removing the lasers and the cleaning mechanism for replacement of a thorough clean. Good luck.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts rapo_tech's Avatar

Usually theres problem with the pads not getting on slit glass.

Here is a video for mod that helped me with same problem - Laser Modification.mp4 - Google Drive

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

We've tried the modifications and were never successful. We just remove the augers and clean them whenever the customer gets streaks.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook