Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Copystar CS 3050ci Jam 0000 error please help..

I have a Copystar CS 3050ci getting a Jam 0000 error and I can't seem to clear it. There isn't any paper jammed any where in the unit. I know the unit is older can it be the sensors need to be replaced? I ran maintenance mode > check conveying switch and it seems that Regist and Exit Job Separator are the ones causing the alert. I'm not sure where to start with troubleshooting this. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Copystar CS 3050ci Jam 0000 error please help..

Quote Originally Posted by mprivi View Post
    I have a Copystar CS 3050ci getting a Jam 0000 error and I can't seem to clear it. There isn't any paper jammed any where in the unit. I know the unit is older can it be the sensors need to be replaced? I ran maintenance mode > check conveying switch and it seems that Regist and Exit Job Separator are the ones causing the alert. I'm not sure where to start with troubleshooting this. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jam 0000 means there was a jam when power was turned on. If you can't see/find a jam, a sensor is most likely out of position or bad. You need to run U031 and try to toggle the senor(s) in question.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Jam 0000 means there was a jam when power was turned on. If you can't see/find a jam, a sensor is most likely out of position or bad. You need to run U031 and try to toggle the senor(s) in question.
    I ran the U031 and Regist and Exit Job Separator are highlighted blue… I’m not sure where to go from there. How would I toggle the sensors? I’m not sure what the sensors look like.

I'm assuming that you're an end user and not a tech?

Don't worry about the Exit Job Separator Switch. It stays highlighted under normal conditions. The culprit will be the resist sensor and it's located on the conveying unit. Look on page 854 of your service manual.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Check the error history. That should give you some clues where to start. The last jam code prior to the 000 (jam on power on) is where you want to look.

Technician

I'm assuming that you're an end user and not a tech?

Don't worry about the Exit Job Separator Switch. It stays highlighted under normal conditions. The culprit will be the resist sensor and it's located on the conveying unit. Look on page 854 of your service manual.
    Thanks Billy.. Yes I am just an end user. I don't have a service manual. The conveying unit is the section that pulls out on the side correct?

Thanks Billy.. Yes I am just an end user. I don't have a service manual. The conveying unit is the section that pulls out on the side correct?

If you open the right side door (slides out) and look for the big shiny silver roller. Once you find that roller, look directly below for a cutout that's right in the middle. It's shaped like a 'U'.

If you put your finger over that cutout while in U031, the resist sensor should toggle back and forth.

Let me know what you find.

Technician

If you open the right side door (slides out) and look for the big shiny silver roller. Once you find that roller, look directly below for a cutout that's right in the middle. It's shaped like a 'U'.

If you put your finger over that cutout while in U031, the resist sensor should toggle back and forth.

Let me know what you find.
    The "U" on the bottom of the conveyor door doesn't do any thing when i touch it. The light stays lit up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The "U" on the bottom of the conveyor door doesn't do any thing when i touch it. The light stays lit up.

It's not on the door itself, it's inside of the machine. Look for the big silver roller inside the machine when you open the door.

Technician

It's not on the door itself, it's inside of the machine. Look for the big silver roller inside the machine when you open the door.
    OK so i touched the other one and the blue light is gone as well as the JAM code... But i tried to print and got a JAM code 4011 and 4012... the 2 orange rollers at the top where its getting stuck looks to be peeling a little.
    Attached Images Attached Images