Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Copystar CS 3050ci Jam 0000 error please help..

Re: Copystar CS 3050ci Jam 0000 error please help..

Quote Originally Posted by mprivi View Post
    OK so i touched the other one and the blue light is gone as well as the JAM code... But i tried to print and got a JAM code 4011 and 4012... the 2 orange rollers at the top where its getting stuck looks to be peeling a little.

The sensor was probably covered with paper dust and you knocked it off when you touched it with your finger. Those orange rollers are the fuser unit and it sounds like it's time for a new one.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    The sensor was probably covered with paper dust and you knocked it off when you touched it with your finger. Those orange rollers are the fuser unit and it sounds like it's time for a new one.

Thanks I'll try and locate a replacement part, any places you recommend?.... I also seem to get a grinding noise like is the gears aren't catching then the draw is closed or the printer boots up. I tried uploading a video or a sound slip but the site isnt allowing it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Copystar CS 3050ci Jam 0000 error please help..

Thanks I'll try and locate a replacement part, any places you recommend?.... I also seem to get a grinding noise like is the gears aren't catching then the draw is closed or the printer boots up. I tried uploading a video or a sound slip but the site isnt allowing it.

What's the page count on the machine? This is an older machine and you need to be careful or you could end up sinking more money in the machine than what its worth.

You can buy a fuser unit here:

Kyocera TASKalfa 3550ci Fuser Maintenance Kit - 300K - 110 / 120 Volt, Genuine (M6172)

Good luck.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    What's the page count on the machine? This is an older machine and you need to be careful or you could end up sinking more money in the machine than what its worth.

You can buy a fuser unit here:

Kyocera TASKalfa 3550ci Fuser Maintenance Kit - 300K - 110 / 120 Volt, Genuine (M6172)

Good luck.

Thank for all your help... Yea your right about the cost. The noise I'm getting is now causing a Machine failure C2730... got one issue fixed and now another.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Your secondary transfer release casing is broken. That is quite a job to replace. The other issue was likely paper dust. The area circled in the pic should be black as this backs up the sensor in the machine.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    Your secondary transfer release casing is broken. That is quite a job to replace. The other issue was likely paper dust. The area circled in the pic should be black as this backs up the sensor in the machine.
    I see. To have gotten the jam 0000 error fixed and was able to print stuff but now it makes like a grinding noise and a Machine failure C2730 where is the secondary transfer release casing ? Is there a part number or a walk through?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

I see. To have gotten the jam 0000 error fixed and was able to print stuff but now it makes like a grinding noise and a Machine failure C2730 where is the secondary transfer release casing ? Is there a part number or a walk through?

It is part number 302K924782 Drive Release Housing (part 60) the housing cracks and is not repairable. Part must be replaced.
    Remove the door from the machine and separate the inner guides from the main door assembly. You will see the gearbox assembly with two long shafts exiting either side. There are cams and springs involved so take it carefully. Often spring contact (134) will end up on the floor and you will wonder where it came from.
    Most jobs on Kyoceras are easy. This isn’t one of them. Good luck.

Technician

It is part number 302K924782 Drive Release Housing (part 60) the housing cracks and is not repairable. Part must be replaced.
    Remove the door from the machine and separate the inner guides from the main door assembly. You will see the gearbox assembly with two long shafts exiting either side. There are cams and springs involved so take it carefully. Often spring contact (134) will end up on the floor and you will wonder where it came from.

dam is it’s easier to change the whole unit? I’m guessing the price is a huge difference?

Technician

Is this the piece that needs to be replaced?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

Yes there is a weak gear pin that breaks. Not fun!