Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Pinpoint scan issue (Taskalfa 4052)

After 1 successful scan the next time the user goes to scan this message pops up on copier and the pinpoint app stops running . Have to start app again and then can scan but message will keep coming up after 1 scan . It seems just to happen to 1 computer and everyone else can scan with no issues. Tried deleting and reloading pinpoint scan (latest version) and deleting and reloading app with no luck. Copier firmware is up to date. thumbnail.jpg 1.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Pinpoint scan issue (Taskalfa 4052)

Re: Pinpoint scan issue (Taskalfa 4052)

Maybe, its just me, but I can't read the message.

Had something like this. Make sure that the DNS on the copier is set right. Had a customer that we installed the copier and Pin Point was working fine for about 6 months with Pin Point and then a couple of people had trouble using Pin Point scan sometimes. Found out that the servers were replaced and the DNS changed. Check their DNS and up date the copier if necessary.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CoreyAbels's Avatar

I am having the same issue (pic attached) on a 3552ci. OP any resolution? PXL_20220808_195156009.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    Had something like this. Make sure that the DNS on the copier is set right. Had a customer that we installed the copier and Pin Point was working fine for about 6 months with Pin Point and then a couple of people had trouble using Pin Point scan sometimes. Found out that the servers were replaced and the DNS changed. Check their DNS and up date the copier if necessary.
    In this instance, it does not appear to be a DNS issue and the Kyocera Help Desk has a record of multiple calls for this issue, but no resolution.

Have you tired trying to connect using the computer IP address? Pin Point may have lost its mapping. You can also try restarting both the computer and the copier.

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    Have you tired trying to connect using the computer IP address? Pin Point may have lost its mapping. You can also try restarting both the computer and the copier.
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the PinPoint scan app and restarted the computer as well. I checked the Windows Firewall settings and PinPoint scan is on the allowed application list. They're running Trend Micro anti-virus throughout the office and no one else is having an issue. I checked anti-virus settings against those on another computer and it is configured the same way.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk