Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Source for new Kyocera copiers

I will sell you new units. I'm a dealer in Mississippi. Let me know

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Source for new Kyocera copiers

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... if you are buying product via a distributor and not directly from the OEM you are automatically behind the eight ball on any RFQ opportunity especially if that dealer is not in the business of selling new equipment.

The distributor is always going to be a middle man who takes an extra cut of the business.

If the OEM does not want to sign up a dealer, there is usually a good reason and non authorized dealers will not get any replacement warranties from the OEM should that dealer go out of business or is on credit hold.
    That is not always the case, sometimes I can get machines from 3rd party distributors cheaper and quicker than through Kyocera. They buy in bulk and pass on the savings, sometimes beating Kyocera/Copystar out by hundreds. Do your research and check the fliers, if you're a salesman and you boss is saying this, that's because he must sell them from the manufacturer to make his quota and keep his dealership. As a small non dealership independent myself, I can buy from whoever I want, but I don't have the ability to order from them either. By streamlining with only certain models so that I have parts machines, buying on ebay, buying from 3rd party sites, I can get most anything, but I'm also good friends with the authorized dealership in town. We used to work together decades ago working ourselves up the ladder. So, I can get any part I want without the pressure of a quota and the ability to order a machine from wherever it's cheapest. The point I'm making is there are ways, you just have to be creative.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel3 View Post

Since you're so close, I may be interested in this. If you can PM me your contact info, that would be great. Thanks.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel3 View Post
    ... I recommend you reread your Kyocera dealer agreement. The part that prohibits sub-dealing and the part about 30 day termination without cause.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... I recommend you reread your Kyocera dealer agreement. The part that prohibits sub-dealing and the part about 30 day termination without cause.

I suggest that you talk about something that you know about. It's got nothing to do with "sub-dealers" (whatever that is) and has to do with sales/service territory.

He can sell to me and I can resell in his territory all day long.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I don't think any distributor is going to have that many in stock and is probably going to want payment before their ordered. If it were me I would partner with a dealer in your area with the understanding in writing they will not go after the service. You might have to settle for much less profit but the service revenue alone is worth it by itself.
    Can you handle the delivery, setup and networking on your own? I am a one man operation but have relationships with other dealers near me, so I would never attempt this on my own. A deal this big would put me out of business if something were to go sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I don't think any distributor is going to have that many in stock and is probably going to want payment before their ordered. If it were me I would partner with a dealer in your area with the understanding in writing they will not go after the service. You might have to settle for much less profit but the service revenue alone is worth it by itself.
    Can you handle the delivery, setup and networking on your own? I am a one man operation but have relationships with other dealers near me, so I would never attempt this on my own. A deal this big would put me out of business if something were to go sideways.

I think I can handle this deal should it come to fruition. I have help.

As far as working with the local Kyocera dealer...that's gonna be a no-go. I have competed with them on too many deals and they're not looking give me any help under any circumstances. I don't blame 'em.

It's gonna be several months before this deal gets done by anyone. I'm still kicking it around.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Wholesale Office Machines 1-800-486-4822 ask for James and tell him Scott sent ya, problem is inventory