Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AK-7110

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AK-7110

AK-7110

Has anyone noticed the AK-7110 is sometimes difficult to set into position on the new 4 series machines? Occasionally they seem to hit the exit section. There was never a problem on the 3 series.

I don't know if it is related but I've also noticed 500x jams on the 4 series machines. Bridge sensor 2 non arrival jam with the paper partway in the AK-7110.

If anyone has noticed either problem or found a solution I'm interested.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    AK-7110

Re: AK-7110

Take the five screws out holding the ak kit in and while its still in the machine give it a bit of a thump in this area
    Should get rid of the 500x jams

When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Greetings! Thank you for posting this issue. We have 3 devices now that are having the same J500x codes with AK-7110, even on XX53ci units. P
    aper stops partway into the AK. We have replaced the Exit Unit Assembly on one device,and it is still working.
    We ordered one more Exit Unit to try on another device. If that works, I will let you know. Conversely, if you come up with anything, please reply.

Good day! I replaced the Exit Unit,but no change. I swapped the AK-7110 with a new one. Checked the connections. Ran switch and motor tests in Maintenance Modes.No change.I had another tech working on the same issue on another Kyocera 5053ci replace the Feed Image PWB,Engine PWB,still jamming in AK. I am trying to avoid ordering PWB's,but I might have to. Updated firmware.The paper just stops.Jam indication shows J5004.Tried different paper sources.Checked paper settings.Any thoughts or suggestions?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AK-7110

Quote Originally Posted by TonerEater View Post
    Good day! I replaced the Exit Unit,but no change. I swapped the AK-7110 with a new one. Checked the connections. Ran switch and motor tests in Maintenance Modes.No change.I had another tech working on the same issue on another Kyocera 5053ci replace the Feed Image PWB,Engine PWB,still jamming in AK. I am trying to avoid ordering PWB's,but I might have to. Updated firmware.The paper just stops.Jam indication shows J5004.Tried different paper sources.Checked paper settings.Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Call Kyocera or your regional field representative. I probably should have done so but my problems have been inconsistent

Ok. I will post what Tech support says and keep you informed. Have a great day!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AK-7110

Quote Originally Posted by TonerEater View Post
    Ok. I will post what Tech support says and keep you informed. Have a great day!
    Any solution to this jamming problem? We have a 3253ci with j5001, j5009 consistent jams. Both bridge sensors check ok in MM031. Bridge motor runs in maintenance mode. Paper stalls partway into AK-7110

Good day! My tech partners and I habe not found any pattern to this issue. I have replaced a AK Unit. We have replaced the right conveying door. I got one going with reseating YC- 25 & YC 30 on the Feed Image PWB. The only suggestions I got from TS is Conveying Motor on the AK. All those listed got the MFP working, but I can't put a finger on it. Try also disengaging the DF from the connector brace that mounts to the copier. Also unplg the connector there. I don't have a definite answer, but will keep track of what I have done so as to provide any further info.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Take the five screws out holding the ak kit in and while its still in the machine give it a bit of a thump in this area
    Should get rid of the 500x jams

OK, I've finally been bitten by this stupid J500x bug, on a new-ish 6003 with DF7110 and mailbox unit.

It will sometimes go away with a total power reset(unplug power cord), but returns later in the day and can take the device down. I have found that with the device refusing to work, asking it to perform any finishing function will allow it to work until a job comes that doesn't need HP or staple. sending to tray A or B seems to be unimportant, using a new fuser seems to be ineffective. disassembling/re-assembling the AK7110 mechanical parts in it's motor area seemed to be ineffective.

Firmware update has been performed, as has 906 reset. I've checked all plugs on all the PWB's in the back of the machine, as well tightened all PWB screws. the LVPWB has the better 450V bulk storage capacitor on it, which is nice to see compared to the problematic lesser voltage cap that can cause strange issues in other models.

I can't understand why using finisher functions can allow the job to complete flawlessly, and then get J500x on subsequent jobs!

Is there any QA or other knowledge regarding how to approach this stupid problem? Our branch continues to suffer from no access to QA database... KYO struggles to solve that for us.

Best regards,

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sparkycivic View Post
    Is there any QA or other knowledge regarding how to approach this stupid problem? Our branch continues to suffer from no access to QA database... KYO struggles to solve that for us.

Best regards,
    There are not any QA's regarding this issue.

You can check your BR sensor signals going into the Feed Image PWB during operation, it may yield some info. Perhaps the connection is twitchy with operation.

No one has posted relative volumes at which this occurs but that might point out any wear issues.
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin