Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Kyocera M6235cidn black toner empty after 2 new ones still says toner empty

I agree with Rebel above. Open and close the rear door. I have also had one machine that the waste toner door had to be opened and closed. I suggest opening and closing all doors. If this does not work, remove all toners and close all doors. Allow the machine to display which toner is needed. Install that toner only and close all doors. Allow the machine to recognize that the next toner is not installed and install it the same way as the first. Do this for all toners and the message should go away. Try the simplest thing first and work to the others if needed. This is a fairly common issue on this model and most of the time opening and closing the rear door will solve the issue, but sometimes we have had to go further with it. Hope this helps.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Kyocera M6235cidn  black toner empty after 2 new ones still says toner empty

UPDATE GUYS *****.. I went this morning with the latest firmware but thought I would do the obvious stuff first, I reseated the toner cartridge & the waste toner alert came up, I opened & closed the back door, reseated the waste toner bottle & also opened & closed the toner cartridge door & the message reset & the machine started to add K toner, about 20 seconds later the machine was ready to GO!!! I only like to do Firmware as a last resort because sometimes it creates another problem.. I did not update the firmware & just gave the machine a cleaning & customer is happy to just pay a service call. Machine has less than 6K total pages & is only 14 months old..

Thanks guys for all the suggestions, I love this site & the techs that contribute.. Have a great day!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Kyocera M6235cidn black toner empty after 2 new ones still says toner empty

It’s always the rear door. Very frustrating error that Kyo know about but as yet have not fixed.
    When there’s more than one error message they need the machine to scroll through the errors on the screen. Unfortunately the Toner Empty hides the Cover Open every time. This also happens on TA machines when the RHS door isn’t closed properly.
    Time for the “Dear Kyocera” letter again.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Currently have two machines with this problem...

Tried the opening and closing all the doors can't get the machine to clear the replace k toner message.

If I take all the toners out and reboot machine it still just asks for k toner and doesn't ask for cym even though they are not present.

Any ideas?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fishleg View Post
    Currently have two machines with this problem...

Tried the opening and closing all the doors can't get the machine to clear the replace k toner message.

If I take all the toners out and reboot machine it still just asks for k toner and doesn't ask for cym even though they are not present.

Any ideas?
    Any error messages in Command Center? Are these M6235cidns or other models?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Double check the rear door man... I'm telling you, its a door issue... this model has a history of this message & it always ends up being to have all closed up & then open rear door & close it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    Any error messages in Command Center? Are these M6235cidns or other models?
    I had one of these. Had a newish genuine K toner and three non genuine colours. Machine wasn’t recognising any toners but was saying K was empty. Fitted three new genuine colours and machine was back to normal and showing K as 85%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copykat93 View Post
    Double check the rear door man... I'm telling you, its a door issue... this model has a history of this message & it always ends up being to have all closed up & then open rear door & close it.
    P6235 my machines. Honestly I tried every door and the customer says was working then came up replace k toner so they opened top cover then wouldn't accept new toner.

I'll try and interlock the rear door just to see if message changes. What's strange is if you open top cover then close it the machine starts operating for 3 seconds then pops up replace k toner.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The thing about a "Replace toner" message is that if any other warnings or errors are present, the toner message covers them up so you can't see if something else is going on. Check the Command Center from a browser or Panel status if you have the machine on kfs to see if there is another problem going on.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    The thing about a "Replace toner" message is that if any other warnings or errors are present, the toner message covers them up so you can't see if something else is going on. Check the Command Center from a browser or Panel status if you have the machine on kfs to see if there is another problem going on.
    I have had this more times than I care to remember, do the following:

1. Take the chip off the toner cartridge

2. Install the toner and let the machine get to ready state

3. Take the toner back out and put the chip back on and re-insert the toner, it will now register as a full toner.