Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Is Kyocera Taskalfa 4550ci compatible with Microsoft 365 and Windows 11 ???

OK, so I have this long time customer that we are still leasing a Kyocera Taskalfa 4550ci to.

I have updated the firmware to the final, final version (2LC_2F00.012.101 2017.07.21)
    I do service and maintenance only, no IT, we farm that out or most companies have their own IT people now days...

They got new Windows 11 and Microsoft 365 / Outlook and now have nothing but problems...

Their IT people seem to act like they cannot configure this older machine on Microsoft 365 / Windows 11,

They have limited printing working and no scanning ability...

The IT people are now telling my company that this Taskalfa 4550ci is just too old and that it cannot be hooked up to Microsoft 365, Windows 11, outlook?

So I need to know whether or not it is possible to hook up, and do we just need a new IT person to handle this or what before we start pushing machines in and out the door just to try ???
    We have a Taskalfa 4551ci we could possibly swap out if it would work ???

THANKS for any and all input guys,
    it would be a great help to me
    and my customer...

Re: Is Kyocera Taskalfa 4550ci compatible with Microsoft 365 and Windows 11 ???

need to install KX print driver from the Kyocera site
    not the KX v4

Sounds like they installed the windows default driver that doesn't work well.

It should support office 365 there maybe a setting change under security protocols ie client slide setting to turn off 1.0 and on

There IT can also setup a mail relay ie connector in office 365 for the copier.

Or setup a gmail account for the copier

Technician

The TASKalfa 4550ci should support printing ok but will have trouble when it comes to scan to email using Office365 details as it doesn't have the required TLS1.2 protocol. It's too old and even the latest firmware doesn't support this. If you have a TASKalfa 4551ci then this does support the TLS1.2 protocol on the latest firmware. Ensure the protocol is enabled under Security settings > Network Security along with SHA2.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks