Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KM 6002

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: KM 6002

@Samanator,
    Mk-A+B are contains DK units only!
    Still DK-8550 for old and newer systems.
    DV units are not downwards compatible, because of new developing system in xxx3 systems.
    Now it's real dual component without sleeve rollers!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts tonerleak's Avatar

I've had this issue multiple times, if you can't warranty the part I have been removing the spring attached to the 'push button', the only thing you have to remember is to install the dev and drum units together as to not damage the drum, you'll never hear from the machine again concerning this problem.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    KM 6002

@Samanator,
    Mk-A+B are contains DK units only!
    Still DK-8550 for old and newer systems.
    DV units are not downwards compatible, because of new developing system in xxx3 systems.
    Now it's real dual component without sleeve rollers!
    @KYO_OEM
    With all due respect sir, if MK-8525A and MK-8525B contain DK units only then why is a DV-8560K listed in the MK-8525A and DV-8560M, 8560C, and 8560Y listed in MK-8525B? I have TB1 for just about every machine model I have worked on from Kyocera going back to the 250ci thru 500ci and maintenance kits A and B list DV units in them and had DV units in them when I purchased them.

If one looks on the page I have attached, it states in blue letters “* MK Kits are backwards compatible with the 6052ci Series.” I asked my Kyocera tech rep about this and he told me that if it is written in TB1, then it is so.

KYO_OEM has always (as far as I have known) relayed great information. When I see his heading, I am reassured the information he sets out will be sound. Just because the manufacture says that we can put DV-8560s from xxx3 series machines into xxx2 series machines may or may not be factual. So let us find out. I have a DV-8560K I am about to put into a TA 3552ci. This is a machine we just got Friday form a wholesaler and the black developer unit is like my ex, no good. When I get back to the office tomorrow, I will install it, calibrate it, run an image check, and run at least a ream of paper thru it and report back.

If it works, we all can save a little money. If it doesn’t, I get to rag on Kyocera (not my tech rep as he is an old friend I met back in '98) and get a replacement black developer unit.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

You are right.
    I am sorry for my mistake.
    At the moment i create tech. docs for xxx4 series, training docs for xxx4 series, creating docs for Victoria...(150ppm inkjet)
    i need vacation, i think.
    You can use dv-8560 for xxx2 and xxx3 series, of course!!
    dv-8550 you can use for xxx2 only.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    KM 6002

Just to follow up.

Been a little busy so I haven't post the results of putting a DK-8560K into a 3552ci. I put in on Friday and ran all the image adjustments one should after replacing a sub assembly (U140, U464, U469, U410) as prescribed by Kyocera. I then put it where we have a 4550ci we use as the general office printer. It has been getting a bit of a workout and is looking good.

I going to give it a couple more days then move it onto the sales floor and signal it is good for sale.