Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4002 C6600

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    4002 C6600

Re: 4002 C6600

Belt foam bearings every time... Just keep the power save really low and silent mode on or you'll get this code by 300k and if your really lucky machine will squeak with all the rust build up.

Once the belt slips the timing between each side gets messed up and triggers that code. I like the liquid nails idea but not for me 🤣. Once you get that code the fuser is done I actually tried to take some good bearings from one fuser to another and it still slipped so I think the belt actually stretched over time on mine.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

FYI all y'all (some helpful hints I ran across):

7BG010015H
    GREASE MOLYKOTE HP-500 50G Heat resistant grease:50g content

[Caution]
    The heat-resistant grease can be applied to the both edges of the fuser exit roller and fuser exit sub roller only in the fuser unit. (Note 1)
    Do not apply grease to other than the above, specially, [Where to prohibit applying grease] in the next page. (Note 2)
     Use the designated grease. It is prohibited to use spray grease (silicon oil type) (because it's application cannot be controlled and it 'travels' beyond applied areas)
     Service call error C6770/C6600/C6220 (Note 3) might be caused according to place and method of applying grease.

[Note 1: Where grease can be applied]
    When an abnormal sound occurs at the fuser exit section, clean the fuser exit roller shaft edge, bushing and stop ring (in case of abnormal sound from the upper fuser exit section), or the fuser exit sub roller shaft edge and bushing (in case of abnormal sound from the lower fuser exit section), and apply a rice grain size of the heat-resistant grease (No1) to the sliding surface of the shaft edge.
     If abnormal sound is not solved after applying grease, it is recommended to replace the fuser unit.

Allow-Grease.jpg

[Note 2: Where to prohibit applying grease]
    As mentioned above, no grease can be applied to other than the fuser exit roller and fuser exit sub roller. Especially, applying grease to the below might cause the fuser service call error and it is prohibited.

Use of the spray grease is also prohibited since it is difficult to limit the area to apply.

 Fuser belt cap gear at the both edges of the fuser belt (especially, border to fuser belt: Y in the figure below)

If grease gets into the contact surface of the sponge in the fuser belt cap gear, and fuser belt, the fuser belt cap gear might slip causing no fuser belt rotation, and service call error C6770 or C6600 might turn on.

 Fuser belt surface, fuser press roller surface, fuser entry guide and entire fuser unit housing (spread spray grease entirely)

Fuser belt slips and service call error C6770, C6600 or C6220 might turn on.
    There is also a concern of influence to the image due to the paper conveying surface contaminated with grease.
    Prohibit-Grease.jpg
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

Technician

Hi do you need to regrease the fuser belt ?
    The problem we are having when we get C6600 is that their is to much friction between the belt and the heating assembly the grease seams to make its way out or dry up
    we have tried numerous different greases but haven't been able to find the correct one yet

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorkatie123 View Post
    Hi do you need to regrease the fuser belt ?
    The problem we are having when we get C6600 is that their is to much friction between the belt and the heating assembly the grease seams to make its way out or dry up
    we have tried numerous different greases but haven't been able to find the correct one yet
    The above info pretty much lays it out. Engineering says use the provided part number grease only, and only for lubrication of feed roller shaft bushings. No part of the fuser belt/tube should be lubricated.

Build-up of old and incorrectly applied lubricants only makes the problem worse.

'Lubricants cannot increase friction between two moving surfaces but if you have not chosen right lubricants for right application or if you have, chosen high viscosity grease or oil in high speed & low load carrying applications, then it can increase the friction between internal molecules of the lubricants.' (Particularly when cold i.e.: First start of the morning as related by the OP)
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    4002 C6600

Thanks PrintWhisperer! Much appreciated.

I've been a fan of Molycote HP-500 for a long time now. It was how we managed to keep the Sharp C-Jupiter fusers from squeaking and ticking. It's a little bit expensive, but never smokes or stinks, like some of the other high temp grease products are known to do. I didn't notice a part number ... Sharp calls it: UKOG-0235FCZZ. Oh, there it is, Kyocera call it: 7BG010015H

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Thanks back at ya BC, you hit the nail on the the head as this is (counter-intuitively) an application for low-temp moly based grease, not high-temp stuff.

The real problem of this endcap-to-fuser tube interface failing was an issue in the generations right after the change to IH heating.

Low-power needs lightweight material to transfer heat efficiently hence no more heavy rollers to bear the drive torque.

I liked the 'glue-it' reply, I can get behind kenoking's post, sounds like a real 'field engineering artist'.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    4002 C6600

I tried a silicone based adhesive, which let go the moment the fuser reached temperature. I had high hopes for it too. Cured silicone can withstand 400F ... but it just won't stick.

Can you explain why those endcaps are free-wheeling (or a weird variation on a torque limiter)? Every other film fuser that I know of crimps, then glues the endcaps on. The failure occurs when the cap comes loose. I know that those caps monitor the roller rotation ... but why do you have to? Nobody else does. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Hi guys the problem that we are experiencing with these fuser units is mostly the lower pressure roller bearings wearing out prematurely and the grease between the fuser film and heating assy failing.They say no grease should be added between belt and heating unit but if lack of grease is the problem why dont they tell us what grease they use and this would solve the problem for a lot of engineers