Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4002 C6600

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

4002 C6600

Hi Folks

Has anybody bothered to figure out why these fuser will give a C6600 or C6670 error after being shut down overnight.. The codes will clear with a power cycle and will work for the entire day or even days..Then it pops up again. Fuser age/clicks ( 20-300 k) don't seem to be a factor .

Thanks

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    4002 C6600

Re: 4002 C6600

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Hi Folks

Has anybody bothered to figure out why these fuser will give a C6600 or C6670 error after being shut down overnight.. The codes will clear with a power cycle and will work for the entire day or even days..Then it pops up again. Fuser age/clicks ( 20-300 k) don't seem to be a factor .

Thanks
    Have you tried updating the firmware ?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts davidmtupper's Avatar

The grease in the bearings/bushings is starting to fail. Power cycling the copier gives enough of a surge to break it loose and get it running for the day. Do yourself and your customer a favor and replace the fuser because it WILL fail, sooner rather than later. Wear gloves while doing this as the grease leaks at both ends and stains your hands, it also drops chunks so don't set the fuser on anything you care about.

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Have you tried updating the firmware ?
    Yes...It seems as if there is a timing issue or perhaps a thermistor gets a little weak ,

Quote Originally Posted by davidmtupper View Post
    The grease in the bearings/bushings is starting to fail. Power cycling the copier gives enough of a surge to break it loose and get it running for the day. Do yourself and your customer a favor and replace the fuser because it WILL fail, sooner rather than later. Wear gloves while doing this as the grease leaks at both ends and stains your hands, it also drops chunks so don't set the fuser on anything you care about.
    I always replace the unit, but I'm curious as to the why..Not sure I can agree with your diagnosis for all cases . . I have had the code pop up at 60 K and the bearings "seemed" OK..I know the condition you are talking about .Wearing gloves is a must unless you want stained hands.

Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts davidmtupper's Avatar

6600 code is the fuser not turning. Since this usually occurs once the grease starts leaking it's probably related pretty closely, although I have seen that code with a torn belt at least twice. I have yet to have one where that code is fixed without replacing the fuser.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    4002 C6600

Turning U346 to off helps. The inside of the upper heat belt gets worn and doesn't drive to turn as it should. Rather than letting it run continuously, that code will stop it after it's done.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I agree with tmaged,
    take a look for 2nd and 3rd value from U167 and you will see very high counter from released runtime against pressed runtime.
    The belt will slip if 2nd value is too high.
    U346 will stop driving when jobs are finished and life time will increase.

Thanks

Technician

Set 346, and to avoid replacing a $400.00 part, go get yourself some liquid nails (fuse it)! If there is no other wear on belt or PR, lube PR bearings, Then carefully blow out fuser endcaps, score the belt every 1/8th of an inch on both sides very very lightly as to not tear the belt!!, score the caps! Then goop some nails on your finger and apply between cap and roller (like caulking a window). Don't use too much or it will lump and catch on cap cleaners and giude. Let sit 24 hrs, clean any lumps as you spin by hand. Install. Just enough grip to allow belt and caps to spin together. This is the only substance I found that will adhere to that belt. I have 7 or 8 running in the field and so far so good. Saved my dealer 3200.00 plus shipping as they always fail out of warranty. Design of these fusers makes zero sense. A simple design like the 5551ci worked just fine. gear driven assy!! Engineers justifying their existance............