Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    CS-2553ci  broken paper feed lift gears...

CS-2553ci broken paper feed lift gears...

Hey guys.. I have a customer who set one of these up themselves, and did not remove the tray locking bracket on the top tray, then powered it on.

My suspicion is that it broke the lift gears in the rear, but I had a heck of a time even getting the back cover off to look it. Well, they want me to fix it, so I wondered if any of you were ever back there and had to do anything on this model?
    Of if you might have had the paper feed lift assembly out before to do any work to it?

Thanks in advance.
    OC

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Re: CS-2553ci broken paper feed lift gears...

They will bind up but generally they don't break. The coupler is spring loaded, remove the lower tray and reach in under and try to push the coupler away from the cassette (rearward). Worst case loosen the lift motor assembly (rear).

Probably needs a 906 reset.
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for that PW, but I thought I heard the motor running when powered up... then again, I could have been hearing the other motor for the lower tray run, for all I know. I took the lower tray out, but I guess the motors might
    run either way, not knowing if there's paper there until they start to lift and don't see paper?

I just got the assembly apart (luckily, it came out from the front) but can't find any broken or damaged gearing. So, as a precaution, I'm just going to order all the gears and motor and then go back out there.

I didn't know that there was a "reset" code for this issue... can you tell me how I can get into service mode to clear it?

OC

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If you're not getting an error code on the display, then it never threw a code, especially if you heard the lift motor running. If the motor throws a code, it will disable that specific drawer & show on the display. If there is an error on the display, check your messages & I will send you the sim & procedure to reset the inop message.

Quote Originally Posted by copykat93 View Post
    If you're not getting an error code on the display, then it never threw a code, especially if you heard the lift motor running. If the motor throws a code, it will disable that specific drawer & show on the display. If there is an error on the display, check your messages & I will send you the sim & procedure to reset the inop message.
    I never saw an actual "error" code; only that the Tray was out of order.... And again, I'm not sure which motor I heard running, or if they'll run each time the machine is rebooted (regardless).
    But since I didn't find any broken gears, I'm assuming that maybe there's a "condition" that needs to be cleared, so YES, please send me that procedure, Copykat!
    OC

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

Print Wisperer told you how to reset it. Run a 906.

if you don't know how to get into service mode you should call a kyocera tech.. that isn't something that should be posted here.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oystercopy View Post
    i never saw an actual "error" code; only that the tray was out of order.... And again, i'm not sure which motor i heard running, or if they'll run each time the machine is rebooted (regardless).
    But since i didn't find any broken gears, i'm assuming that maybe there's a "condition" that needs to be cleared, so yes, please send me that procedure, copykat!
    Oc

check your notification box, i sent the entire page of the process to reset the drawer error... I CLICKED ON YOUR SCREEN NAME & SENT YOU A PRIVATE MESSAGE WITH THE DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    if you don't know how to get into service mode you should call a kyocera tech.. that isn't something that should be posted here.
    You REALLY should know when you're talking to another tech or an end-user. I'm the former, with over 44 years of experience.

Just because someone doesn't have (what you consider to be) the proper knowledge on that
    product, you can still tell when they don't know what they're talking about in this industry. I've known (and worked with) plenty of "trained" technicians who
    couldn't find their ass with both hands. So there's that.

OC

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    You REALLY should know when you're talking to another tech or an end-user. I'm the former, with over 44 years of experience.

Just because someone doesn't have (what you consider to be) the proper knowledge on that
    product, you can still tell when they don't know what they're talking about in this industry. I've known (and worked with) plenty of "trained" technicians who
    couldn't find their ass with both hands. So there's that.

OC

AMEN BROTHER... I am always happy to help.. Lets not discourage each other from helping, I love this site & truly appreciate all the help & the opportunity to help others. Lets keep this in a positive light