Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: DV8305

Technical 50+ Posts

DV8305

Just wondering if anyone would know of any differences between a DV8305k and a DV8305c, apart from the obivous colour difference?
    Can I use a cyan in the black area for instance?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts rapo_tech's Avatar

Re: DV8305

Quote Originally Posted by ATSBMCO View Post
    Just wondering if anyone would know of any differences between a DV8305k and a DV8305c, apart from the obivous colour difference?
    Can I use a cyan in the black area for instance?

No u cant Even if you replace the electronics, how u supposed to replace all the toner?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    DV8305

Quote Originally Posted by rapo_tech View Post
    No u cant Even if you replace the electronics, how u supposed to replace all the toner?
    Run it till it changes, used to do it all the time on konicas. If its a new chip machine didn't care what colour dev it started with.

Kyo on the other hand, I think without a new chip the tcr readings would go completely out. I may be wrong on the theory but every dev sensor is different so when machine detects a new dev the machine goes ooh OK this is my starting reading for this dev I'll store that.

I have on the other hand put a slightly used dev in another machine with no ill effects had only done 20k copies in previous machine so maybe I got lucky. Kyo might take in the values just from a serial number change. I'm more inclined to say it would work than not work.

Technical 50+ Posts

Thanks for the replies.

I should have been a bit more specific. I have a DV8305 with the usual mag roller skin fault, causing banding on one edge of the paper.
    I was looking at removing the mag roller from a cyan developer and putting it into the black developer.
    Does anyone know if they are the same roller?

Thank you

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ATSBMCO View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

I should have been a bit more specific. I have a DV8305 with the usual mag roller skin fault, causing banding on one edge of the paper.
    I was looking at removing the mag roller from a cyan developer and putting it into the black developer.
    Does anyone know if they are the same roller?

Thank you
    Would be the aptly named sleeve roller? The mag roller is the one in back.

We can assume they are they same as they have the same circumference (the repetitive defect guage doesn't list a sep. size) but since they are not made to be taken apart no individual part numbers are listed. So no way to verify, and these types of units don't easily come apart.

It never occurred to me to try, but it's close to the 'surface' so maybe. Whether it'll calibrate and work is another matter
    Last edited by PrintWhisperer; 10-03-2022 at 05:23 PM. Reason: SIC
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin