Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

TA XXX4 serise reminds me of the KM XX50 serise

Hi All

I call Kyocera tech support to get information why the TA XXX4 devices are real slow when you select a destination in the Send mode. The answer i got was that this was an upgrade in the last firmware due to a government requirement for security reasons.
    "WHAT?"!!!
    I asked if they have any documentation I can show to customers when they ask why their old 4051ci had a faster panel response then their 4054ci? The guys I spoke with said that those document were given to the Kyocera field service rep to distribute.

Dose anyone know what this guy was talking about? And if true, has anyone been given this information by the Kyocera service rep?

Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    TA XXX4 serise reminds me of the KM XX50 serise

Re: TA XXX4 serise reminds me of the KM XX50 serise

I agree with you but I think I know the security aspect.

If the machine didn't force a pause with the message "This destination has been selected" it would be more possible to erroneously send to the wrong recipient.

It might be better if they made it an option to verify the entry like they do on some of the fax systems.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts davidmtupper's Avatar

There is a way to turn that off. Login in to the web interface as admin, under security settings you'll find an option for Send Security, then Dest. Check before Send. Turn that off and the verification screen goes away.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davidmtupper View Post
    There is a way to turn that off. Login in to the web interface as admin, under security settings you'll find an option for Send Security, then Dest. Check before Send. Turn that off and the verification screen goes away.
    It's a bit more complicated than that so my trusted associate (he knows who he is) and I ran through it to be sure:

So here is what happens with the whole Send behavior changes on the ‘4’ Series.

First, there are 2 different ‘extra’ things that occur. I will differentiate them as a ‘Prompt’ (which has a button for the user to press) and a ‘Message’ (which has no button).

The ‘Prompt’ is controlled by the ‘Preventing Mis-Sending’ option from the Set-Up or System menu. It can be turned OFF.

The ‘Message’ appears after selecting an address as a persistent Window showing the selected address for a few seconds after pressing the button.
    Apparently it cannot be turned off.

Given the noise level I would imagine an option will be forthcoming.

As noted unintended sending of sensitive information can have huge consequences. A recent HIPPA violation of fax distribution resulted in a 3 million dollar fine. You can bet the manufacturers don't want to be blamed for what a user may have done because they weren't given enough notice.
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin