Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kyocera 2540 got me worried.

No I am not lost. Actually moving my interest to Kyocera as I am getting calls on them from a company with mostly Konica Minolta.

Found the waste container in the front of the drum unit stuffed I made a hole on the top in the middle, emptied it and covered it with the warning sticker. 3de party toner... The DF separation assy shot and double feeding J9001 I think pulled the white rubber pad off an glued it back .5mm higher and that fixed that. The tray separation roller bald and double feeding from time to time, I pulled the rubbers of and changed the feed, separation and pickup rubbers around to get that to work. The worst is the fuser film belt was too tight due to no lubrication? J4211 I think. That all at 40K prints!?? And these were out of the box not long ago.

I ordered the separation assy(super expensive costing the same as an original toner for a plastic thingy), a set of tray rollers and a fuser out on warranty claim.

Any thing else these little machines can throw at you this earl in the race?
    The 1128 and 1135 did not have these issues if I recall. I like those a lot. This makes me worried.
    Whatever

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera 2540 got me worried.

Fuser is the only issue we have with them.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    ... Found the waste container in the front of the drum unit stuffed I made a hole on the top in the middle, emptied it and covered it with the warning sticker. 3de party toner...
    Yeah, 3rd party toner is NOT a good thing on mono-component Kyoceras.

... The DF separation assy shot and double feeding J9001 I think pulled the white rubber pad off an glued it back .5mm higher and that fixed that. The tray separation roller bald and double feeding from time to time, I pulled the rubbers of and changed the feed, separation and pickup rubbers around to get that to work ...
    All expected, normal.

... The worst is the fuser film belt was too tight due to no lubrication? J4211 I think. That all at 40K prints!?? And these were out of the box not long ago ... and a fuser out on warranty claim ...
    Again normal, 40K means that they run standard 75gsm plain paper, light fill. If they start running heavier media or heavier fill, the fuser won't last even that long. Read the threads about removing the teflon sheet, and re-lubricating with a different lubricant. I have not tried it (since we get warranty) but I have heard of successes. If you have toner buildup on the fuser film surface you can also gain some time in-between by running a PreScribe command cleaning function. See attached:
    https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/k...ml#post2160612

... Anything else these little machines can throw at you this early in the race?
    The 1128 and 1135 did not have these issues if I recall. I like those a lot. This makes me worried.
    No, that's about it. You won't like the Libra & Polaris as much.
    Don't worry, be happy. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

YEP!!... The fuser is the worst thing to worry about... In my opinion I would just replace the fuser instead of rebuilding (PIA to rebuild) once you replace the fuser, turn the timers on and set at 5 minutes or less.. the fuser seems to last longer when the machine isn't sitting there baking itself to death. Customer may complain about the wait time for it to warm up, but it is the lesser of the 2 evils. It will save on the drum life as well when the timers are set low. And even from a cold start, the machine takes less than 20 seconds till its ready to go. Hope this helps

On a side not, again, just my opinion. Kyocera machines don't run as well with compatible toner, drum life will be shorter too, Cleaning issues, overtoning issues too.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts davidmtupper's Avatar

If the waste toner was full the drum and developer are likely nearing end of life as well, just something to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Yeah, 3rd party toner is NOT a good thing on mono-component Kyoceras.

All expected, normal.

Again normal, 40K means that they run standard 75gsm plain paper, light fill. If they start running heavier media or heavier fill, the fuser won't last even that long. Read the threads about removing the teflon sheet, and re-lubricating with a different lubricant. I have not tried it (since we get warranty) but I have heard of successes. If you have toner buildup on the fuser film surface you can also gain some time in-between by running a PreScribe command cleaning function. See attached:
    https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/k...ml#post2160612

No, that's about it. You won't like the Libra & Polaris as much.
    Don't worry, be happy. =^..^=
    Thank you if it only that than it should be ok. I am used to those brother 8880 DN style machine(aka bizhub B20) for A4 and those are awesome. You forget that it uses a fuser... Sure I had machines with 500K on them with the original fuser still working.

Apologies if you have mention in other post what lubricant you find useful on those film type fusers?
    Whatever

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

no saying it doesn't help, or won't work. but i have never in all my years put any kind of lubricate on a kyocera, or any other brands fuser.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Thank you if it only that than it should be ok. I am used to those brother 8880 DN style machine(aka bizhub B20) for A4 and those are awesome. You forget that it uses a fuser... Sure I had machines with 500K on them with the original fuser still working.

Apologies if you have mention in other post what lubricant you find useful on those film type fusers?
    Warranty them until you can't, then rebuild them following some of the threads on here. Remove the teflon sliding sheet.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    Warranty them until you can't, then rebuild them following some of the threads on here. Remove the teflon sliding sheet.

I am independent and get them ex-lease. Then ones I can claim for are for companies I do freelance calls for. That is on there contract machines.
    The 2540 machines I can get for cheap but no good if the fusers don't last so I need a way to make them work.

Or like BC mentioned to keep them running in the time it takes to get the replacement.
    Whatever

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

This is what they use in the YouTube video "Electrolube Fuser Film Lubricant":
    AFC400D by ELECTROLUBE - Buy or Repair at Radwell

- Radwell.com

I don't have a personal endorsement. I was leaning towards the OIL-965 used on the Toshiba eS4555C film fusers. Never having tried it, I can't say whether it would work or not. AFAIK there is no part number for the Toshiba silicon oil. It just comes as part of the fuser kit.

Here's the YouTube video:
    Kyocera P2235dn, M2040dn fuser repair. - YouTube

Good luck! And please post back your results. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=