Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Kyocera Taskalfa 6053ci Cassette Issue

Hi,

I have an issue with Cassette 3 and 4 on the above machine, I know very little/none about Kyocera so hoping someone with more knowledge might help

The machine shows "Cannot use cassette 3/4 due to a failure" after restarting the machine it says there is a jam but couldn't find any paper stuck,
    I removed the paper detect assy at the bottom where the paper exits the drawers.

Restarted machine with assy still removed and the machine comes on ready to copy but still has same message about tray 3 and 4,
    so I've ordered a new sensor up but I presume there is a reset for the drawers or is there something else wrong with the machine.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera Taskalfa 6053ci Cassette Issue

It would help to know the error code. Most of the time, lift errors clear just by running a U906 partial reset.

The cause if often because the enduser improperly loads the paper, and the paper misses the PE sensor flag and the pickup roller. As a result the paper presses up against the top frame of the cassette/deck, before the PE sensor or pickup roller sensor is actuated.

On most Kyoceras this does not cause any permanent damage, except perhaps a code that must be reset.

There are exceptions however. On the Harrier with PF-660, the lift plate must be able to lift a full case of paper. If the PE sensor flag and pickup roller are not tripped before the paper presses against the top frame, lift cables snap like guitar strings, lift pulleys split, peened in posts pull out of the frame, and the lift plate bends. And it makes a really bad noise. Just ask our salesman that loaded one stack of 4000 sheets of Letter sized paper to the right side of the Ledger sized deck. In his defense, when I discovered the carnage he did finally confess. =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 11-17-2022 at 05:17 PM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Wow a salesman admitting something that's a first

I did check both cassettes and both seemed to be moving freely and no obvious faults.

Hopefully when the part arrives just a reset will do the job.
    Sometimes I wonder why I offer to help out other dealers when there short of staff, I get more response from you than their service department.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffers01 View Post
    I did check both cassettes and both seemed to be moving freely and no obvious faults.

Hopefully when the part arrives just a reset will do the job.
    Be sure to check the event log Service Codes section, it may have an event that triggered the partial op control.
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin