Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts rapo_tech's Avatar

Kyocera M5526cdn horizontal lines

Hello

Client called about lines on printout.
    On site i was suprised not seeing usual calibration mark/lines...

Problem is various horizontal lines and not actually repeating at same place.
    When i was there printer worked perfectly.

Client says if prints more pages like 10-20 pages then lines start to appear.

Check out samples there are black lines and blue lines...
    black_lines.pdf blue_lines.pdf

Any thoughts?

I vaccuumed the inside of printer and drum contacts. Also updated firmware to v.02.05.0040_(2022-04-22)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Kyocera M5526cdn horizontal lines

Did you pull out the process unit & remove each drum & clean the charge rollers? Also when the unit is out, pull out the transfer belt as well. Chances are, if charge roller cleaning doesn't remedy, then the transfer belt needs replaced. Remember to only use clean water on a cotton rag to clean the charge rollers. Hope this helps

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

1) Clean.jpg (Your cyan example is 30mm interval, BK some 30mm some other distance)

2) [Attention] Be sure to follow the care mark "THIS SIDE UP" (Note1) printed on the side of the outer carton when transporting the main unit packed, and prohibit to lay down the main unit.
    Especially, if transporting the main unit while the machine left side faces the floor, the developer powder might spread toward the machine left side from the developer unit due to the shock or vibration when dropping the main unit. In that case, the developer powder might adhere on the bottom side of the primary transfer belt, or the machine inside might be contaminated by the developer powder.
    Moreover, if the developer powder drops down on the LSU glass, more load might be applied to the LSU automatic cleaning operation at (-->) setup (when turning the main power on first time), and then service call error C4600 (LSU cleaning motor error) might appear. Also, the horizontal streaks might appear on the printed image if the developer powder adheres on the main charger roller.
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks, i will pull out the drums and check charge rollers...

Quote Originally Posted by PrintWhisperer View Post
    1) Clean.jpg (Your cyan example is 30mm interval, BK some 30mm some other distance)

2) [Attention] Be sure to follow the care mark "THIS SIDE UP" (Note1) printed on the side of the outer carton when transporting the main unit packed, and prohibit to lay down the main unit.
    Especially, if transporting the main unit while the machine left side faces the floor, the developer powder might spread toward the machine left side from the developer unit due to the shock or vibration when dropping the main unit. In that case, the developer powder might adhere on the bottom side of the primary transfer belt, or the machine inside might be contaminated by the developer powder.
    Moreover, if the developer powder drops down on the LSU glass, more load might be applied to the LSU automatic cleaning operation at (-->) setup (when turning the main power on first time), and then service call error C4600 (LSU cleaning motor error) might appear. Also, the horizontal streaks might appear on the printed image if the developer powder adheres on the main charger roller.
    Cleaning the charge roller metal sides cured the problem
    Thank you

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Excellent!

Kudos to copykat93 for knowing without having to look up the bulletin like I did.
    Last edited by PrintWhisperer; 12-13-2022 at 04:55 PM.
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You're welcome... This is why I love this site.

I've got this printer for several years and today when I've tried to print a document I've encountered the same problem:

impression kyocera.jpg
    It's coming from nowhere, since this printer was not moved at all...
    I've many tech bulletins I received from printerfirmware, but not after 2018. Does anyone could give me the bulletin for this problem please ? And does anyone know what could have caused this problem ?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

take a look for this complete bulletin
    (same as printwhisperer had mentioned) 2 weeks ago.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

The very first thing to do is go to the menu page and from the print menu, set the print quality to black and white.
    Then go and print the test page from the service menu. The print out will be in black only. If the problem still exist then swap out with another drum from the same machine, and do the test print again and compare the prints.
    The idea is, you have to get a good test print from the black dev and drum unit, before moving on to the colour dev/drum. I find this is the quickest way to narrow down the problem.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke