Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Kyocera M6235cidn transparency jam nightmare

Hi Guys, Customer bought this machine from me NEW in June of this year, Machine has a total page count 10,000 pages. The pastor tried to run an old transparency through the machine & of course it Jammed at the fuser. He tried to dig it out himself & decided to stop & call for help. I went on the call this morning & sure enough there was transparency wrapped around the fuser rollers and a big blob melted on each side of the pinch where rollers meet each other . I removed the fuser, was able to get all the transparency off the rollers of the fuser, (he scratched & gouged the rollers of course) I said we can clean them up some, install & I'll order a new fuser. No big deal right? Well after making sure all crap was removed & installed the fuser, I turned on and get a C6000 code-- broken fixing heater. There is no reset code for this, but thought I would throw this out there and get some feedback on why the c6000 is there? There was only a jam & nothing else. I just removed & cleaned the junk from the rollers, I did not take fuser apart in any way, but on install C6000 .. Just weird, of course the pastor wasn't there when I went on the call. So who knows what really happened. What are your thoughts on this?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera M6235cidn transparency jam nightmare

Have you checked all the thermal buttons and have you tested the lamp?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I did check the heat lamp for continuity and I have that, the fuser is really not friendly for checking the thermal fuse buttons, but I will try that again as well. They are under a cover that is quit frankly seems like the whole unit... I didn't want to tear apart and not get back together in customer office. I will go get the machine & bring in the shop. But, YES, the lamp tested as good. I will see if I can test the thermal round fuses, but the case the fuser is in, covers up the ends of inside the housing and I can only see one terminal of the thermal fuses, it has 2 of them

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ok, got it in the shop, remove one end of spade connector from thermal fuse & test lamp & its good... hold tester to one end of lamp and to other end of thermal fuse with no terminal on it & no good

EDIT: for some reason I am not able to attach a picture... am I doing something wrong or is the site having an issue?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Is you picture < 1Mb? Most phone cameras produce photos much larger.

You have two choices:
    1) You can email the photo to yourself. Gmail will ask if you want: full size, large, medium, or small file size.
    2) You can clip the photo down until it is < 1Mb.

Long term, you can lower the photo resolution default on your phone. I post most of my photos here, so it's going to get lowered anyway. I typically do not enlarge my photos to 3200%, so I cannot really see a difference.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

No... It has nothing to do with the phone, no matter what i try to attach, it doesn't recognize it until the last one is removed or deleted

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You might have to go to settings>miscellaneous>Attachments and delete some of your older attachments. I don't see a stated limit, but you could be at it.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I did that and there is 1 attachment sitting there, but there is no option to delete it. weird, huh

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Good morning Guys.... I got in the new fuser direct ship from Kyocera & all is great. I don't know why or understand why feeding a transparency would pop the fuser, but now the customer knows NOT to run transparencies.. even thou they say you can, I have always told customer to never run them. You can do everything right, buy the correct transparency & for whatever reason, 80% of the time they cause a meltdown , ... so..... stay away from them. I will be taking the old fuser apart to see what thermal fuse blew & maybe make a nice back-up fuser for emergencies. I will let ya know what I find.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Kyocera M6235cidn transparency jam nightmare CTHM-0011FC01

Alrighty then!!!.... I took the shortcut way of getting to the 2 thermal fuses that hide on the back of the fuser & I used a utility knife to cut away the black plastic all one piece cover to expose the 2 thermal fuses, they are in succession to each other and the one closest to the fuser red power wire is the one that blew. I found an old good fuser from a CS-2221 copier, opened it up and the thermal fuse is close to the same thing on the M6235. When I tried to find the thermal fuse on line, of course it doesn't exist because they want you to buy the entire assy. Anywho.... this part number here> CTHM-0011FC01
    GIVES YOU AN IDEA if you google it, of WHAT THIS THERMAL FUSE LOOKS LIKE. i DON'T HAVE THE MACHINE IN THE SHOP ANYMORE, BUT IF i NEED A QUICK BACK-UP FUSER, THIS SHOULD WORK GREAT.
    Last edited by copykat93; 12-20-2022 at 07:51 PM.