Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Linux double printing

Good morning
    I am having an issue at a customers where they are setup to print from thin clients. We setup these clients with the PPD files for the machine (4002i). They have been working correctly. However, it seems that in the last couple of weeks, the client on all thin clients has started to print double pages. We have tried uninstalling the PPD files and reinstalling. Windows machines print correctly. We have also downgraded the firmware on the copier from v12 to v10 in hopes that this would resolve the issue at hand. Can anybody offer me suggestions on why this has started happening? I suspect the problem is more on the thin client side of things. I appreciate any help that can be offered regarding this subject.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Re: Linux double printing

Thin Client? Do you mean the hardware only or is this Linux hosting some other terminal session like Windows?

If they are simply running Linux then 'Thin Client' is not an applicable term. Perhaps you mean that they are the mini-ITX factor PC's which are quite small.

For pure linux:
    Have you tried the Linux driver package from Kyocera featuring the Print Panel application for printer preference setting? It comes bundled with PPDs for new models.

If you have set-up CUPS, Command Line, or OS Print Wizard and chosen an embedded, or downloaded a different PPD, then results can vary.

What is the OS and version (Ubuntu, Fedora, RedHat, etc)?
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

What OS is the thin client

Thank you for the replies but we tried another machine and printing worked fine . Not sure why 1 machine works fine and the other does not . Will look further into

o.k. , Turns out someone at there location set print default for 2 pages per print . Why , have no idea .