Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera Training

Re: Kyocera Training

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I do believe it was Keith McManus who came up with the original color training at Kyocera. He was there when they opened the Dallas training center for Mita in the seventies.

He told us that when Mita (bought out by Kyocera in the 90s) first opened the Dallas training center, the instructors then told each class that Mita would only get any tech out of jail twice in one week. Gives you the kind of idea of the kind of guys that were doing this kind of work back then. By the time I attended my first Mita class in '84, that policy had been modified. Go to jail, you're on your own.

I always got the most out of any class he taught. I think he's still at Kyocera.

Never went to Mita/Kyocera class in Dallas. Been to a bunch of Sharp classes @ DFW Airport, though. All my Kyocera classes have been in Atlanta and that was many years ago. I'll never forget the last class that I attended in Atlanta. Me and another guy went to the class and on the first day the instructor asked if we wanted to go to a strip club with him. Of course, the answer was YES.

We stayed until about 3 a.m. and the instructor told us he would fail us if we were late to his class. I never went to sleep out of fear of over-sleeping. I arrived at class on-time. The instructor was 2 hours late. True story.

Sorry if I've told that story before.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    .....Me and another guy went to the class and on the first day the instructor asked if we wanted to go to a strip club with him. Of course, the answer was YES.

We stayed until about 3 a.m. and the instructor told us he would fail us if we were late to his class. I never went to sleep out of fear of over-sleeping. I arrived at class on-time. The instructor was 2 hours late. True story.
    OMG too funny, what else did we do with our off-time back then (as energetic young techs). I remember attending IKON SSE training class in Phoenix when my cousin just happened to be there training on Mech repair.

One night we drove all the way to Nogales (MX-side) to hit a strip club. We made it back, but just as easily could have been MIA the next day.

When I was at Savin before that the SM would have our team breakfast meetings at a strip club.

Seems it was part of the training
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

Kyocera Training

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I do believe it was Keith McManus who came up with the original color training at Kyocera. He was there when they opened the Dallas training center for Mita in the seventies.

He told us that when Mita (bought out by Kyocera in the 90s) first opened the Dallas training center, the instructors then told each class that Mita would only get any tech out of jail twice in one week. Gives you the kind of idea of the kind of guys that were doing this kind of work back then. By the time I attended my first Mita class in '84, that policy had been modified. Go to jail, you're on your own.

I always got the most out of any class he taught. I think he's still at Kyocera.

Keith McManus is in all the training videos that I'm doing right now. He's a big guy with white hair and beard.

Kyocera Training

I want to thank KYO_OEM for all the information that he emailed me. It's a TON of information that I've never seen and it's HIGHLY educational. Very detailed and that's an understatement.

Kyocera Training

I'm almost done with all of the prerequisites.

Here's the list:

-Color Theory 101
    - Using the Meter
    - Using the Logs
    - Using the Service Manual
    - Kyocera Copy Process

Yeah, I know it's all basic stuff but I've learned something in every module save "Using the Meter".

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera Training

Very few techs carry any kind of a meter anymore. I start the conversation with: "set your VOM to DC volts, 0-50v range ... "
    The answer: " ... meter?"

It might be a lost art. =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 03-25-2023 at 02:23 PM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Kyocera Training

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Very few techs carry any king of a meter anymore. I start the conversation with: "set your VOM to DC volts, 0-50v range ... "
    The answer: " ... meter?"

It might be a lost art. =^..^=

Really? I can't imagine not carrying or using a meter. I also like using a logic probe...although I don't have one at the moment. It comes in handy depending on what you're working on.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Kyocera Training

I also went to Mita school in 1988 in Dallas Texas, Kevin was my teacher/trainer at the 2-week school I attended. Scariest time of my life at 21 years old, first time flying on an airplane from Pa to Texas all by myself and once I got to the training school, made a few friends and Kevin was a very cool trainer. The thing I always thought was the weirdest was wearing a tie while working on these machines, while I was at the training school, one of the texts got his tie caught in the chain drive, we were allowed to remove our ties after that, Lol. I went to a couple Fujitsu thermal fax machine training schools in Danbury Connecticut as well.

Kyocera Training

I'm done with the prerequisites and now training on the 6053-4003i. Since we have many great Kyocera techs on this forum, I'm gonna take advantage of all the experience and knowledge.

Here's my first question. The new DP-7130 comes with a double-feed sensor and sends a sonic signal thru the paper. If more than one sheet is fed the sonic signal will be weaker @ the receiver. The sensitivity of the sensor can be adjusted by the tech. The sensor can be turned on/off.

Question: What's your opinion on this DFP sensor? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

Best advice you'll ever get

if it works DFW

Don't Fuck with IT

Lots of setting adjustments 99.99 its not an adjustment its a bad part.

Hopefully that saves us all from what did you learn today
    Last edited by bsm2; 03-26-2023 at 02:00 AM.