Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar

Question Kyocera KM-3035 FUSER CODES

Need help with KM-3035 throwing fuser C-6050 then C-6000 codes. I already tried replacing thermostat in original fuser, lasted 3 hours. Then upgraded firmware and installed newer style fuser. Still coded out same day. Modified fuser (installed shims to move thermostat away from heat roller) and lowered temp. Worked in our office for 1 week and several thousand copies. Took back to customer and only lasted for 4 hours before coding again. I just picked up a power analizer we left overnight. Did not download and analize data yet. Any sugestions would be apreciated.
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera KM-3035 FUSER CODES

we have had a few that like to cook fusers and a few that do shitty on longer runs and with paper thicker the 20lbs, mostly they were KM-5035 machines. we have had luck getting a thermostat from a 2530 fuser and putting it into the KM-xx35 machines. The 2530 fuser had a higher temp rated thermostat that holds up to heat better. You can order them out of the parts book or steal one out of an old fuser but they definitely helped in the few problematic machine we had. They also let you raise the fuser temp up 5 or so degrees for KM-5035 machines that have toner flaking issues on long 11x17 runs.

good luck!

I had one that we had a problem with codes, I lowered the temp, and had not had a problem since.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera KM-3035 FUSER CODES

Quote Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
    I had one that we had a problem with codes, I lowered the temp, and had not had a problem since.
    we tried that and ended up with fusing problems on the faster machines. Thats how we found the higher temp rated thermostat. Airflow through that area is pretty weak so I think excess heat builds up and starts causing problems.

BTW. the fuser control temps and factory defaults that are in the service manual do not match what you will see in the machine. I don't know why but the book is incorrect.

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    The machine I'm working on is a 3035. I did find out yesterday Firmware bulletin #20 addressed the C-6050 code. I did not have that version on the machine. (service tech I sent out said it was the latest.) So, I updated main to 5M raised temp back to default and I'll go from there. If I continue to have an issue, I'll take 1087's advice and install older thermostat with higher raiting. Thanks for everyones input. I'll let you know if problem persists.
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Technician

Re: Kyocera KM-3035 FUSER CODES

I have the same issue on a cs-5035. Issue started with a 6020 code, ran 163 in maintence mode got 6000 code. we were advised by tech to replace engine board and still same issue. I have called tech back again and they have advised to check 962 in maintence to see what the fuser type is set at, fixing unit 1. they also said to check 161 against the service manual for temps. then if that does not fix it then to try a power supply pwb.

kirk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Kyocera KM-3035 FUSER CODES

Hello, you might also try cleaning or removing the mesh screen blocking fan over bypass feed rollers. It seems to clog up with lint. The later models have a removable filter you can clean.