Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lagoausente

Km-2050, canīt find smtp server.

Hello, Iīm trying to setup a Km-2050 to can send scanned files directly to email. I have tried smtp.gmail.com but doesnīt work. I think I will need some help. Should I install any app in the local network that act as smpt server to resend to gmail? Or is any other smtp free server that could work?
    Have read the Kyocera manual but there is no useful help. I fill the smpt data but the Kyocera doesnīt find any server. Can you give me any help where can I start?
    Thanks a lot.

Ausand

Scan to email

On the Kyocera Copiers you need to give the copier a email address on the customers isp or there own email server ex copier@sbc.net gmail and hotmail type accounts may not work.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Gmail requires TLS (aka SSL) encryption, but no Kyocera scanner supports that. A local email relay should work.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    Mercury 32 is a pretty good email relay to use and it's free.
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

lagoausente
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winfield View Post
    Mercury 32 is a pretty good email relay to use and it's free.
    Have installed Mercury 32, put the PC name on the SMPT module, put that name on the copier option as smpt name, but it did not see it. Could you give me the main steps I must go with Mercury 32 and the Kyocera to make see it? Iīm looking at the Mercury32 manual aswell but seems a bit complex, really.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lagoausente View Post
    Have installed Mercury 32, put the PC name on the SMPT module, put that name on the copier option as smpt name, but it did not see it. Could you give me the main steps I must go with Mercury 32 and the Kyocera to make see it? Iīm looking at the Mercury32 manual aswell but seems a bit complex, really.
    Have you tried inputting the IP address instead of the SMTP name?
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

lagoausente
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winfield View Post
    Have you tried inputting the IP address instead of the SMTP name?
    Iīll try that, Iīll have more time on Saturday and Sunday since Iīll be alone in the office.
    Regarding using the ISP provider email, will work sure or depends if use SSL like Gmail?
    Regariding Mercury 32, I have doubts about the Core module settings, "local domains". On the manual tells I must put three times, something like.
    Laptop=laptop
    Laptop=myemail@email.com
    Laptop=192.168.1.5
    I trying it but the program seemed to freezed, so I donīt know if I made an internal loop, or something.
    Iīll make a clean install again of Mercury.
    Here is what Iīll do today:
    - Put on the kyocera, smtp server the computer IP where is mercury. (has static IP)
    - Add the email to the kyocera list
    Doubts I still have:
    - How I create this email on mercury? Adding the three list on the core module? Only one of them?
    -Any special settings on the smtp server module?
    - where must I put the settings for relay from virtual domain to external gmail or hotmail?
    Thanks for your replies.

certified scrub 500+ Posts

What you should try is to use the clients'(or yours) ISP's outgoing mail server. Hopefully it doesnt have authentication.

By means of ISP, I mean who provides the internet service, phone, cable, or fibre on the premise?

Works for me everytime, unless there's a local server. If its an Exchanger server, call IT.

lagoausente
    Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    What you should try is to use the clients'(or yours) ISP's outgoing mail server. Hopefully it doesnt have authentication.

By means of ISP, I mean who provides the internet service, phone, cable, or fibre on the premise?

Works for me everytime, unless there's a local server. If its an Exchanger server, call IT.
    It works fine with my ISP email, have tried it today and all ok. It needed auth tx, the only thing I should improve is to change the remitent, so put Scanner Kyocera as remitent instead of my ISP email address. Do you have any idea how to do it? I tried using gmail se relay but it keeps the original remitent, only change it if the email is send from gmail, but no when relay the input emails.
    On the destiny PC, I have the last outlook version. Any trick for this? I tried searching in my ISP email setup options but canīt find change the remitent name like I can do on gmail.

certified scrub 500+ Posts

Sounds really complicated. Are you trying to mask the sender?