Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts rashid120's Avatar

Re: Scanning issue with 2560

Try Maintenance mode Scanner Adjustment Automatically U411 with Test Charts Part Numbers 2AC68241/303JX57010/
    303JX57020.Your Problem Will be Solved.Regards.Rashid Iqbal

KyoCaptive

It seems everyone has avoided the elephant in the room - The ISU. I would replace it.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

Finally got some time to sit and play with this a bit.

BlackCat--Auto Rotate did not do anything, and neither did changing the file type. Firmware has been updated a few times and you're right, it did nothing. The imaging problem was that, being a bit frustrated at the time I was posting, I was having an issue with portrait/landscape as I was downloading the scanned image, I ended up saying to hell with it, they'll get the idea. Memory was changed when I replaced the main PWB. You mentioned a SHD PWD--what is that exactly? The HDD was formatted, but not replaced.

Rashid--the chart for this machine is listed as 302FZ56990. I don't want to use the wrong charts--just yet.

Kyocapture--the ISU has already been replaced, along with the ribbon cable to the main PWB, the lamp, platen and slit glasses, and mirrors.

I haven't tried the chart after replacing all that image stuff, and I am going to try that now, I'll let you know.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts rashid120's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zackuth View Post
    Finally got some time to sit and play with this a bit.

BlackCat--Auto Rotate did not do anything, and neither did changing the file type. Firmware has been updated a few times and you're right, it did nothing. The imaging problem was that, being a bit frustrated at the time I was posting, I was having an issue with portrait/landscape as I was downloading the scanned image, I ended up saying to hell with it, they'll get the idea. Memory was changed when I replaced the main PWB. You mentioned a SHD PWD--what is that exactly? The HDD was formatted, but not replaced.

Rashid--the chart for this machine is listed as 302FZ56990. I don't want to use the wrong charts--just yet.

Kyocapture--the ISU has already been replaced, along with the ribbon cable to the main PWB, the lamp, platen and slit glasses, and mirrors.

I haven't tried the chart after replacing all that image stuff, and I am going to try that now, I'll let you know.

Thanks all for your suggestions.
    Dear i faced same problem with KM-3050,5050. and few times with KM-3060 .I will explain your problem if i am not wrong....if you are scanning in B/W its working fine but if you are scanning in COLOR. its not scanning properly.some times blue shades and yellow shades are coming in scan original.i am sure you do not have any problem with copying,printing and B/W scan.Believe me or not this problem was solved only with scanner adjustment with TEST CHARTS.

any way try and good luck and please if solved let us know what was the problem.

thanks.Rashid

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Scanning issue with 2560

Quote Originally Posted by Zackuth View Post
    BlackCat-- ... You mentioned a SHD PWD--what is that exactly? The HDD was formatted, but not replaced...
    The SHD PWB is the board connected directly to the CCD that converts the CCD's analog signal to a digital signal. It's the second step in image processing. IIRC the SHD PWB usually is connected with ribbon cables that have microscopic contact strips. Be extremely careful with these ribbon cables.

I may be wrong, but I don't see this as a HDD issue. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

Blackcat--that board did get changed when we replaced the ISU.

I tried the test chart again. Nope, same issue. And just out of curiosity, I tried scanning from the 2560 that our dispatcher uses. That has the very same issue--we now have 3 not scanning well, I'm afraid to try any more. It looks as though the firmware version is 2.45 for the dispatchers, and current for the other two. With everything I have done, it almost seems as though the machine resists being fixed.